FCS 2.0 on Hacintosh

Pokopo

34 posts in this topic

Hey guys!!!

I run FCPS 2 on my intel core 2 duo 1gb ram.

Final cut complains when starts and then it just disapear from screen.

Motion, DVD studio pro, Soundtrack works beyond lovely

Color? well, it opens let me click around, but I dont know how to use this one. sorry for not be able to report more.

Compressor... guys thats my nightmare. when I installed an earlier verssion on 10.4.8 it worked fine (wassn't my pc) on the second time I installed. but on my pc running 10.4.9 with compressor from FCSP 2 it refuses to start. the dock icon just jumps few times and nothing happens..

do you guys have any clue?

I also run Shake, Cinema 4D, Realflow and Adobe CS3 suite (print)

Hey guys!!!

I run FCPS 2 on my intel core 2 duo 1gb ram.

Final cut complains when starts and then it just disapear from screen.

Motion, DVD studio pro, Soundtrack works beyond lovely

Color? well, it opens let me click around, but I dont know how to use this one. sorry for not be able to report more.

Compressor... guys thats my nightmare. when I installed an earlier verssion on 10.4.8 it worked fine (wassn't my pc) on the second time I installed. but on my pc running 10.4.9 with compressor from FCSP 2 it refuses to start. the dock icon just jumps few times and nothing happens..

do you guys have any clue?

I also run Shake, Cinema 4D, Realflow and Adobe CS3 suite (print)

Check your logs if Final Cut Pro registers an aecore::Cexception. If it does, head over to this forum thread and follow the instructions on how to fix your ethernet mapping (which should be en0) as there are some apps that need to access this specific network adapter to succesfully start.

If it doesn't work, then I'm stumped. Just hope the ethernet fix works.

I'm using Motion 3 right now on my P4 3.2C, 2GB PC3200, GeForce 6800 Ultra and it runs decently. It occasionally crashes so I need to save often. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Q6600, Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3, 2x2GB DDR2 800, and something like an ATI x1950xt or 7900GT. I would imagine the crashing is due to my processor only supporting SSE2 and it usually gives me a kernel access error. I'm running 10.4.9 with 8.9.1 and I'm not too sure I want to try updating to 10.4.10 until I upgrade my rig.

I know the X1600 runs without any hacks, but I think I want more power than that. I'm not sure whether I want to go with a 7-series NVIDIA card, though.

• 4 months later...

Guys,

Has any of you experienced choppy video playback? Playing an AppleProRes video on my hackintosh in BOTH quicktime and FCP6 - video is very choppy and sound gets out of sync!

Anyone else experiencing this?

My system:

GA-P35-SD3L Mobo

Intel Quad 2.4 Ghz

Nvidia 7300 GS

I have NVinject drivers installed and running on Koolkal 10.4.10 update. I have dual monitor support, 1 DVI & 1 VGA.

Please help!! Not a lot of fun working on the machine when your video is choppy as heck!