FCS 2.0 on Hacintosh

Pokopo

34 posts in this topic

Well it was amazing until FCP 6 deciding to crash everytime at launch and i dont know how to uninstall it so i can reinstall everything else works like a charm

EDIT: I got it to work :rolleyes: It runs perfectlyyy

I had to do an edit of NetworkInterfaces.plist

I am loading it now on a 10.4.9 AMD 64X2 4200+ machine. I have 3 gig of ram and it is on a ASUS SLI Deluxe MB My real Mac is an old digital audio G4 pimped out with SATA controllers dual 300 gig drives in a Raid, dual 1.73 G4 Powerlogix CPU and a whopping 1 gig of 133Mhz RAM. Motion is slow on it to say the least.

I am hoping to use both machines via compressor they sit next to each other on a gigabit switch.

Jules

Addition: I have everything in the suite running except FCP. It vanishes right after loading and telling me there is no firewire camera attached. thoughts anyone. BTW Motion 3 is very fast compared to my old machine.

I'm still testing and basically just mocking around with it without really being productive - ie I'm just checking out the effects, render speed etc... I haven't had any crash so far which may be because my mobo is close to Apple's 945 based ones. I disabled the GMA950 and the nVidia 7600GS runs all right with it.

I usually work with Premiere anyway which is more intuitive for me and also more tightly integrated with After Effects but that's purely personal preference.

Works well on my setup too. Very fast and reliable so far. I've done 3 midrange projects with it so far (I'm migrating from Adobe software), using Motion, FC, DVDSP and Compressor. Can't tell the difference from a real Mac. As was mentioned above, depending on your specs, you may have to (I did) adjust your NetworkInterfaces.plist. FCS likes to see your ethernet interface as en0. Pretty simple edit once you understand what to do.

I'm still testing and basically just mocking around with it without really being productive - ie I'm just checking out the effects, render speed etc... I haven't had any crash so far which may be because my mobo is close to Apple's 945 based ones. I disabled the GMA950 and the nVidia 7600GS runs all right with it.

I usually work with Premiere anyway which is more intuitive for me and also more tightly integrated with After Effects but that's purely personal preference.

Solaar, I am coming from the same direction as you. I've been using Premiere since 4.1 and After Effects for a number of years. Is your 7600GS 256mb or 512mb? Do you get dual monitor capability on your Hackintosh? If so, what brand name is it? Dual DVI? My ATI X1600XT works great, but I'm used to stretching out my timelines across two monitors (Works under Windows) and would like to have that functionality in OSX also. Thanks!

Hi

I am using macosx 10.4.9 & Final Cut Studio 2 to capture and edit video, my firewire port is reconized and appers in the system profile, but when I connect my Sony 2100 & 170 DVCpro, the system profile says "unknow device" and nothing happens, and Cam Not Detect in MacOS.

Why doesn´t work?

Is there any with the same problem?

Please help..

My System specs are is

Pentium D 2.8Ghz CPU

Asus P5GZMX motherboard

1 GB DDR2 RAM

120 GB PATA HDD

Realtek 883 chipset Onboard Sound

Marvell Yukon Onboard Ethernet

Via Chipset FIREWIRE PCI Card

All hardware work perfectly in MACOSX 10.4.9 but without Capturing I dont do anything in Editing in FCP6.

please help me................

please help..............

Please............

Solaar, I am coming from the same direction as you. I've been using Premiere since 4.1 and After Effects for a number of years. Is your 7600GS 256mb or 512mb? Do you get dual monitor capability on your Hackintosh? If so, what brand name is it? Dual DVI? My ATI X1600XT works great, but I'm used to stretching out my timelines across two monitors (Works under Windows) and would like to have that functionality in OSX also. Thanks!

It's a 256MB.

I haven't tried dual monitor yet but single DVI with Titan works fine. I have a Philips 20" 1680x1050.

Dual DVI is supposed to work with the 7600 cards but when I tried the Natit driver the whole system went pear shaped and I gave up on it for now.

I have it working on my rig (specs in sig) I just had to edit the IONetworking to make my network primary.

I have gotten a few random crashes, and I wasn't doing anything that intensive. I could not isolate it to anything, I think it crashed once in FCP and once in Soundtrack.

Everything is working as it should, capture, edit, playback. Everything does seem peppy when it is working.

Hi people... i am looking for the same thing.

Basically i want to build a set for video editing with similar caracteristics to match a major iMac to run smoothly Final Cut Studio 2.

What you can recomend me?

I have been reading that the best option is to buy an intel based mb (an asus could be right?), i would prefer an amd, but if intel is necesary, i will go intel.

What about the graphic card? new iMacs comes with NVIDIA 7300 GT or ATI Radeon X1600 ... what video card can you recomend me?

I have been reading too that some people is having problems connecting some cams by firewire, is that problem fixed? I have an old Dazzle firewire card... i will really love if this could work.

dazzle.jpg

Thanx!

It's a 256MB.

I haven't tried dual monitor yet but single DVI with Titan works fine. I have a Philips 20" 1680x1050.

Dual DVI is supposed to work with the 7600 cards but when I tried the Natit driver the whole system went pear shaped and I gave up on it for now.

Thanks for the reply. I have the 512mb version of the 7600GS. I can get one of the DVI inputs to work and it does a great job. To get dual monitors, I have to use the vga adapter for the second monitor. It's okay, but I would like to have both digital to optimize my system.

it runs good on my old 3.6 single proc xeon

but im in the process of piecing together a dual qyadcore xeon with 8 gig of ram and eventually get 16.

i also have a flash nvidia 7950gt oc 512mb that runs awesomely.

Drunknbass, are you getting dual dvi digital or analog? I'm looking at that card because of the passive cooling (at least on the XFX version). I thought I noticed in your specs somewhere else that you were using dual vga connectors, but was wondering if things have changed since then. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm also looking to build a quick Hackingtosh and then eventually buy FCS2, this is what i'm thinking:

CoolerMaster Stacker 832

SilverStone ST75F 750w Modular

Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

C2D Q6600 (SLACR) (Waiting for the price drops on Juily 22nd)

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste

Tuniq Tower 120 Cooler

G.Skill HZ 2GB DDR2 PC6400

HIS X1950XT 256Mb 349 $AUD

HIS X1950XT 512Mb 479 $AUD

(Jcool method should work for both cards i've read or do I have to buy the Sapphire)

(Would there be much difference between these two cards, Does FCS2 use the Graphics card or is it all CPU?)

18 x Sata Pioneer 212D Black

Western Digital RaptorX 150Gb

Seagate 7200.10 500Gb16MbSata2

I'm not 100% sure, there are some people that have got it working although alot have the issue of the fan running 100% all the time, which would get annoying

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...cool&st=200

Do you think there would be much of a difference between the two cards?

Hopefully, with a release of new Imacs and Graphic cards options for the MACPRO, we might be able to use DX10 cards in the future

I'm pretty sure all 512mb cards need their roms flashed. If you're buying a fairly expensive card like that, you just need to be aware that flashing the rom could possibly trash the card. I've never had that happen, but it's still a possibility. I picked up an MSI NX7600GS 512mb card for less than $80US on eBay and since I already had a working gfx card, I was willing to take that chance. I'm not a gamer so I can't comment there, but for video editing you won't see much difference between the two cards.

Anyone here got complete FCS2 to work on AMD 64 SSE2 CPU? I have fixed my Networkinterfaces.plist and applied Prokit.framework, but only Color and DVD Studio work.

I had Motion 3 running yesterday, but after reinstall (Uphuck 10.4.9 with plain AMD SSE2 kernel, same as yesterday) it crashes like FCP6. Please help, thanks!

Update: After installing FCP 5.1 (and 5.1.4 update) right over FCP6, Motion and Soundtrack from FCS2 started to work smooth... weird, but definitely this has to do with some libraries. Anyone know how to run FCP6 on AMD SSE2?