"Windows Live / Microsoft" Instant Messaging Alternative

tech502000

9 posts in this topic

Hey Hey!

Just recently installed OS X 10.4.8 on my new Acer 5570Z (which, as luck would have it makes a great Hackintosh laptop.) I'm trying to find a good IM client for using the MSN network. I've tried MS Messenger and I found it alright except it doesn't have off line messaging support which is a feature I need. I tried aMSN as well and while it does have off line messaging, I just plain don't like it. I don't like the way it tells me people "Enter" and "leave" conversations all the time. I've also run in to issues with the off line messaging. Can anyone recommend a good client? All i need is basic MSN capabilities with off line messaging support and hopefully display pictures.

Cheers,

Erik

aMSN is your answer, it's the most close thing to MSN Messenger. Plenty of options, supports display pix, webcam, chat & webcam history, and it's free. Google it.

Also i'd suggest get Growl for nice notifications, and macam if u need a mac driver for your webcam.

I tried adium for a while but (correct me if I'm wrong), it DOES NOT support offline messaging for MSN. Or did I get somethind wrong?

I'm currently using aMSN. I really don't like it, but at least it has "limited" support for offline messages. Cammera support is also a plus, but I have to say that it really doen't work as well as a native msn videoconf.

I just wish there was an official windows live messenger for Mac. None of my friends has a Mac and all of them and my family (really big family) use msn :pirate2: