AMD SSE3?

MasterBeta

9 posts in this topic

I have an AMD Athlon64 4000+, which, after using CPU-Z, it told me I have SSE3. When I try installing OSX with AMD SSE3 however, it freezes at the bootup. I just get the grey Apple screen with the rotating circle. When I install it with SSE2, however, it works fine.

I know that there are speed issues with SSE2 since it has to emulate SSE3 processes, so I'd really like to get SSE3 working, but I don't know what's going wrong!

Could someone help me please?

We can't help you if you don't tell us which distro you are using. I can just assume that you haven't picked the right packages in the "customize" menu during the install process.

Cheers,

hecker

Oh, of course, I'm sorry. I typed that up last night before going to bed, and forgot the most obvious things.

I'm currently using uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2 distro. As for the packages I chose, I can't specifically remember all of them but I could run the install disc again and write down the ones I chose for you, if you want.

Oh, of course, I'm sorry. I typed that up last night before going to bed, and forgot the most obvious things.

I'm currently using uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2 distro. As for the packages I chose, I can't specifically remember all of them but I could run the install disc again and write down the ones I chose for you, if you want.

If you can't get uphuck's v1.2 to work, try downloading and using Tubgirl's 10.4.9 release. I'm running an Athlon 64 3400+ and Tubgirl runs fine right out of the box.

Remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I would recommend Tubgirls 10.4.9 too. For me on both a SSE2 and SSE3 AMD it works better including working USB2 without any modifications.

You will have to install the video driver after, but I think this is usually a better approach anyways.