Problem with time

Filip100

19 posts in this topic

When i power on os x, time is right ( for example it is 21:01 ) after hour it is not 22.01, it is 22.19. I reset time and after few hours again it dont show right time.

How to fix it, where is problem?????

Sorry for my bad english!

Guest Ramm

It might be your FSB. Search around for how to change it.

It might be your FSB. Search around for how to change it.

I'm not sure why the time is changing in the middle of using OS X but have the time auto update using the internet. There is an option in the Clock preference area.

If however you get different time readings when you switch between OS X and XP then use one of these methods. I myself wrote am using the "Not As Clean, But Does The Job Better (Than Registry Editor Version)" which I wrote in wiki too. Let me know if this solves the problem.

hi.. i'm using 10.4.8 just because of this time problem. when i upgrade to 10.4.9, the clock goes 2 times faster than it should. i don't know if it has anything to do with this but: when 10.4.8 installed, About This Mac shows my cpu clock correctly (2.13 GHz). but after upgrading to 10.4.9 it says something like 1.86 GHz. thanks for reading.

In my case the opposite problem occurs,

my clock is 4x slower than normal :tomato:

Could someone give this an explaination ?

My FSB is reported to be 400Mhz.

I've tried with FSB=100 as kernel option but it didn't help

It's very annoying because all GUI animations are slow as well...

hey guys, i had a similar problem with my overclocked pc.

It is a 2.8ghz Pentium D overclocked to 4ghz, and it worked fine with JAS 10.4.8, but when I installed the JAS 10.4.9, the time was 40% faster as well.

I solved this by installing Uphuck`s 10.4.9 DVD (clean install). The JAS version gave the problem. Uphuck`s didnt.

hope it helps:

Hardware Overview:

JAS - 10.4.8

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 1 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.14 GHz

JAS - 10.4.9

Machine Name: Apple Development Platform

Machine Model: ADP2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Uphuck - 10.4.9

Machine Name: Macintosh

Machine Model: Intel

Processor Name: Intel® Pentium® D CPU

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL CID CX16 TPR

• 1 month later...

My clocks running fast as well :D Although reading this point it occurs to me that I've overclocked by about 5% and the clocks about 5% fast - mmmmm. Think I may have found the cause. Thanks guys. Can't test the theory though because I'm away for 3 days :-(

My clocks running fast as well :( Although reading this point it occurs to me that I've overclocked by about 5% and the clocks about 5% fast - mmmmm. Think I may have found the cause. Thanks guys. Can't test the theory though because I'm away for 3 days :-(

It can be the cause, but i didnt oveclocked my computer...

Change your FSB:

copy the file "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" to your desktop

open it and modify it to look as follows:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>fsb=133</string>

Just add fsb=133 then save it. Copy it back to folder and reboot.

No problem :)

Actually, you should see your bus speed (About this Mac->More Info), divide that value by 4, and plug in the result like that "fsb=xxx" And don't forget to always repair permissions after change :)

In my case, the system clock slows down over time, say 15 mins in several hours.

Shouldn't the actual FSB speed be used in com.apple.Boot.plist?

According to my motherboard spec (Abit aw8), the FSB speed is 1066MHz, but the CPU (Pentium D 930 3.0GHz) FSB is 800MHz.

My hackintosh report Bus speed as 816MHz - maybe that's the reason for clock slowdown...

A bit more info: http://www.macgeekblog.com/blog/archive/20...n-by-mifki.html

Any more info on this? My installation (JaS 10.4.8) is reporting the correct actual FSB for my system (417MHz). Should we just use our actual FSB, or divide the reported number by 4?

NOTE: My FSB is set to 417MHz in BIOS, which results in an overall system bus of 1668MHz

- Atif

^ Thanks MoDs. Time is definitely incrementing properly after doing that, but I still experience the (known) issue of the time being shifted several hours when switching between Windows Vista and OS X.

No worries, it's just a minor annoyance I suppose until Apple works out a fix (I saw that the guys with MacBooks and BootCamp were experiencing the same)

Peace