good/bad experience with linux geeks

VN Man

9 posts in this topic

I went on an interview for a linux consultant the other day...

The usual questions were asked

some are more unusual than others

For example -

What kind of network do you have at home?

what happened with RIP if one route was deleted from one of the routers?

what tools do you use when have a failed network?

described the steps from the time you press the power button to the time you got the logon screen? (from linux point of view)?

do you know what kdm, xdm and gdm are?

well i answered all questions and only thing i missed out was one or two steps in the boot up process.

the network i have at home is windows based...

well to cut the story short i did not get the job, because -

i do not have linux at home; i have mcse; i missed out a few steps in the boot up process...

i'll bet these guys know nothing about windows....i have work with both windows and linux since 1990 (both as programmer and now as network engineer)...these guys seem to be very proud in achieving using one linux box server instead of 12 windows servers....

well to cut the story short i did not get the job, because -

i do not have linux at home; i have mcse; i missed out a few steps in the boot up process...

It sounds like the job would not have been worth it anyway, bro.

hecker

Many Linux nuts think Linux is god and no other os is needed. Apple fans can be that way and Windows fans can be that way to. I hate to say it, all the videos on Youtube are mostly right with Linux and the attitude of the users. ALOT of them think they are the {censored} cause they use it. Don't worry about it, looks like they wanted a guy that never left his moms basement and writes Linux kernels for kicks. You will fine a better job.

Many Linux nuts think Linux is god and no other os is needed. Apple fans can be that way and Windows fans can be that way to.

Good that you say it yourself: every operating system, like almost everything else, can have its fanatic zealots.

At least being a fan of an OS isn't by far as bad as being a fan of certain politicians, of certain religions or even of war.

Good that you say it yourself: every operating system, like almost everything else, can have its fanatic zealots.

At least being a fan of an OS isn't by far as bad as being a fan of certain politicians, of certain religions or even of war.

hahah, true, but theyre all annoying as {censored}. :pirate2:

including you damn osx fanboys.

Curious...

And why do you come here then?

oops, i didnt mean you, i just meant the osx fanboys.... sorry about that.

and hahahahahah because back in the day i didnt like having the badge of "microsoft bob"

no lie :pirate2: