fast os

one_7

29 posts in this topic

Windoze XP might be fast initially, but it will get slower with time. Linux and OS X will stay fast for longer in my experience.

For me the fastest is an Apple Laptop. (waking from sleep) Just open the lid and it's there!

For me OS X boots up the fastest (~25 seconds on my MBP), and shuts down even faster (~7 seconds). Xubuntu was also fast at bootup, but not so during shutdown. Windows is only fast after the first time you install it, once you start using the OS more and more however, the speeds slow down. It all depends on the hardware though in the end.

My xp used to boot very fast, but now it literally takes about 4 minutes to get to the welcome screen. OS X takes about 30 seconds to get to the log on screen on my computer. And ubuntu takes about 1 minute, so the unix os's are faster on my machines.

Loading times? Depends. Some apps on mac take really long to open probably because i dont have sse3, only sse2. But, after logging in on xp, my computer grinds its hard drive for another 5 min til leverything is started, then it takes an additional minute to open firefox. its quite funny actually.

My xp used to boot very fast, but now it literally takes about 4 minutes to get to the welcome screen. OS X takes about 30 seconds to get to the log on screen on my computer. And ubuntu takes about 1 minute, so the unix os's are faster on my machines.

Loading times? Depends. Some apps on mac take really long to open probably because i dont have sse3, only sse2. But, after logging in on xp, my computer grinds its hard drive for another 5 min til leverything is started, then it takes an additional minute to open firefox. its quite funny actually.

yeh, windows installs slow as their registry and what not grows with outdated {censored} that {censored}tily written installers leave behind

aka, backup and reinstall xp erry once and a while, vista hasnt really done that to me yet though.

Try PClinux 2007...good fast install..pretty snappy os....I have it on everything I run.....so far have converted about 50 people around home to it..snappy...no bugs as of yet...(virus..)...love it... :)