MacOS Version X1

MacOS_X

11 posts in this topic

Whereas there WILL be changes to the user interface of 10.5 (much to my dislike, since I LOVED the pinstripes and the brushed metal and always hoped that this would have been the default throughout 10.4) I think that maybe they won't change much. Sure, a unified look at long last for some people. But think about it.. If they changed every single bit and gave us something truly revolutionary rather than evolutionary, then what would they have to give us come 10.6, or 10.7, or, or, or, 11?

For some reason I believe Apple will WOW us, but not as much as they intent to with 11 which is years away. Of course Steve might jump ahead and skip right to 11 at some point... He's crazy and gifted enough...

My two cents...

Cheers from Greece!

Mac OS 11 will probably use Multi Touch Input Methods along with some combination of Holographic 3D Displays and Minority Report type of interfaces.

You guys have a vivid imagination, thats for sure! :)

Lol, Its Apple were talking about here...you'll never know what they're doing until the very end (and with multi-touch, they now very well have the technology to make the minority report like machines). :unsure:

Exactly, while everyone expects 10.5, they just might release the Mac OS 11 (or Mac OS XI) :D. That sure would be a bit of a surprise. Well, maybe, maybe not - weren't the gaps between the previous versions of Mac OS a lot shorter, for example, in between 7 and 8 about 2 years or so?

Actually, you can. Imagine a "square frame" inside of which the hologram is displayed. The bottom bar and one of the two vertical bars has a series of sensors. When you put your finger inside the square, the sensors detect a X-axis and Y-axis point. Pretty much the same way a mouse works. The movement of a mouse provides the pc with the coordinates to which the pointer must go. So, your finger via the sensors provides the pc with the coordinates of what you "touch" and "move". Simple...

You can't touch anything in a hologram. :gun:

Oh yes you can mate. ;) The problem though is that this method needs to be extremely fine tuned, which is pretty tough, considering hand sizes are different among people, and gestures are also not always done in the same precision among people. However, this technology is very well possible. Probably will be expensive as hell when compared to the normal keyboard, but its possible.

In a 3D hologram you can touch a spot on the X and Y axis, but it would be long time before it can detect the Z axis (or, the depth of which you're extending your hand into the holographic cube). Also, it can't prevent your hand from going through stuff which you are not supposed to go through.

As for a 2D hologram, pinpointing the spot where you're touching is quite easily achieved with today's technology.