Jerry Falwell Dies...

16 posts in this topic

I agree, good riddance. I'm waiting for Jesse Helms to go now.

I am waiting for this evil pope to go, but it could take a long time, and in any case there is no guarantee that things get better if he dies. It is the Roman Catholic hierarchy which is evil in its entirety, at least the Italian one.

I am waiting for this evil pope to go,

WOW, that's a fairly strong comment. I don't really know much about this pope (or any to be honest) but I thought he was to knew to have done anything too evil already.

AND btw I ave no idea who Jerry Falwell, but he's dead anyway.

WOW, that's a fairly strong comment. I don't really know much about this pope (or any to be honest) but I thought he was to knew to have done anything too evil already.

Well, you are lucky, because you live in Britain, which is a very tolerant country from a religious point of view.

And BTW this pope has already done a lot to upset the majority of the Italian population.

Well, you are lucky, because you live in Britain, which is a very tolerant country from a religious point of view.

And BTW this pope has already done a lot to upset the majority of the Italian population.

The days of the UK being a religiously tolerant country are going down fast thanks mainly due to the politicians in power. But I guess it's not as bad as some other places, or else I wouldn't be here.

I had no idea the pope had upset a lot of people already. The only thing I've heard about is something to do with abortion recently but I didn't have too much time to read into it.

Wait, wait, wait. yep now I remember he upset a lot of Muslims to. Once again didn't really have the time to look into it so don't know much about that either.

Oh well, not a great start it seems. To be honest the whole idea of a pope is a little strange to me... but that's a different discussion.

During a TV debate in Sacramento, California, Falwell denied calling the {censored}-oriented Metropolitan Community Churches "brute beasts" and "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven."
Falwell asserted that when the Antichrist comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male"
During the Civil Rights Movement, Falwell was a supporter of racial segregation.[2] He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left wing associations."
On April 17, 2006, the US Supreme Court refused to grant review of a lower court ruling that Christopher Lamparello's usage of the Internet domain Fallwell.com (note: the extra "L") was legal. The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, had held that Lamparello "clearly created his Web site intending only to provide a forum to criticize ideas, not to steal customers".[29] Lamparello's website describes itself as not being connected to Jerry Falwell and is critical of Falwell's views on homosexuals.[29] Previous to this, "Falwell's attorneys have fought over domain names in the past" with a man turning over jerryfalwell.com and jerryfallwell.com "after Falwell threatened to sue for trademark infringement."[29] Lawyers for Public Citizen Litigation Group's Internet Free Speech project represented the domain name owners in both cases.

Those are the things I remember hearing about Jerry Falwell. Really some horrible stuff that he's said and done.

• 3 months later...