Forum Rules. Read. Then Post.

Swad

5 posts in this topic

RULES FOR POSTING:

FLAMING

1) Just don't do it. We'll edit the posts, so no one will see it anyway. Don't waste your time and ours.

2) There will be NO discrimination on this board be it through gender, race, or creed. If you violate this one, you're IMMEDIATELY banned. No questions asked.

BANNING

It's a 3-strikes-and-you're-out policy. This means 3 warnings and then you're banned.

*Depending on the severity of the offense, we reserve the right to immediately ban you without warning.

A ban includes your IP and host name being banned from the board, and in extreme circumstances, your ISP will be traced and consulted.

WAREZ AND DMCA POLICY

Anyone who violates this policy or replies to someone who has requested, posting a link in the reply, will be warned. Depending on how many people try this in conjunction with each other, you may be banned immediately, so... don't press your luck.

1) No posting of direct links to warez or pirated pieces of software. We do not support the pirating of software.

2) Torrent files are not allowed, nor are links to torrents.

3) Open source (like Darwin) drivers and kexts are allowed, but OS X files are not, due to copyright.

4) No discussion on how to break the TPM. It's ok to talk about the TPM and cracks that you may find, but telling someone how to do it is wrong.

These rules cover a broad spectrum. They, in conjunction with common sense and good judgement, should steer you in the right direction. We're all human and we know that people make mistakes... don't take that for granted. More rules are subject to appear on this board as we see fit, so please check back from time to time for your own benefit. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just saw that you don't want to allow links to torrents:

2) Torrent files are not allowed, nor are links to torrents.

In case it is some protected file that is downloaded, I completely understand, but there are legal downloads. For example Fedora Core 8 is now available, and it is strongly recommanded to downloaded using torrents to limit the necessary bandwidth of the Fedora servers. And bittorrent downloading is also often faster.

Hi,

In case it is some protected file that is downloaded, I completely understand, but there are legal downloads. For example Fedora Core 8 is now available, and it is strongly recommanded to downloaded using torrents to limit the necessary bandwidth of the Fedora servers. And bittorrent downloading is also often faster.

Of course Swad meant "illegal torrents".

Hi,

As Alessandro said, Swad was trying to get at people posting links to illegal torrents (mainly OSx86 related). P2P file sharing in itself is completely legal and posting links to things like Linux distro's are allowed.

:hysterical:

• 4 years later...