Is it Possible to sell this Hackintosh?

6 posts in this topic

I've been working on this PC to get it working with Mac OSX for a few months now, and I've got it fully working. But, I don't really need a computer anymore now. So, I was wondering if, considering the following specs, it would be worth trying to sell (with Mac OSX installed as a major selling point) in eBay, and if anyone here would consider going to that auction?

- based on the HP Pavilion a1410y model

- Mac OS X86 jas 10.4.8 SSE3-enabled

- 3.2 GHz Celeron D (original)

- 2 GB SDRAM (upgraded)

- ATi Radeon x600 SE 256MB (upgraded, in the PCIe slot)

- ATi Radeon x200 (doesn't quite work out-of-box yet)

- DVD-RW 8x drive (upgraded)

- CD-RW drive (original)

- 19" monitor, keyboard, both of which came with PC

Does this sound like it would be worth selling? Do you know if there is anyone looking to buy a Hackintosh ready-made and working already?

ermm... it isn't legal... it's pretty much like selling a computer with a pirated copy of windows... I never sold stuff on eBay, so I don't know what's their policy about it...

If I was in your shoes, i'd sell it as "Mac OS compatible PC", but I wouldn't specify that the OS is already installed...

ebay doesn't care if it's legal or not. Pretty much every computer sold has tons of software installed as "evaluation only," even though it isn't allowed by the software company. To inflate the price, people say "Adobe CS3, Maya 8.5, and Shake installed. CDs not included. You must erase this software from the computer" or something like that. eBay and everyone else knows exactly what's going on, but they do nothing to stop it. :thumbsup_anim:

ebay doesn't care if it's legal or not.

Tell that to all the sellers of modified Xboxes and such who get/got their listings erased...

Anyway, you might be able to get away with it, assuming eBay doesn't take objection.