Windows really does SUCK! Lets HEAR The RANTS! ! !

55 posts in this topic

Why the hell would you try and play the game on a Hackintosh to begin with? Thats just pointless. Moreover, you probably never had OpenGL support in the nvidia drivers (which I'm guessing you got from Macvidia). Obviously the performance is going to be slower than playing it on Windows. Play it on a real mac and under real OS X (that has a good graphics card like the Macbook Pro, iMac, or Mac Pro) and then you'll know how well it performs.

Because I can and because I am curious how it would run and look.

I have a 7600GT and I am using the Natit driver. QE/CI is enabled. I don't know if that means OpenGL is automatically supported as well, maybe that could have been the problem.

I never expected it to be a better experience than under Windows. Doom 3 was about the last game I played on Windows. Like I said, I was just curious.

Hm according to GLvieuwer 2.2.9 everything is working. All tests passed.

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to InflatableMouse's experience....see I too work on/with windows pc's for most of my technical life...started off usind DOS and as you might figure I used them all up to XP. Then it started getting to me having to fix problems 'all the while', so I tried Linux then I went back to windows because Linux wasn't working out, then I went back to Linux when I met a couple co-workers who used it, but then the dependency issues got the best of me so I tried Hackintosh and based on the experience (I didn't have to hold my breath and wonder what surprise awaited me) I had I just bought myself a Mac (Have been stress free since). Granted I too hated the Mac for no particular reason because I thought that windows was all one would need having used it for so long...boy was I wrong. To each his own though, if you like windows good if you like Mac even better...there is less stress. I used to reinstall windows almost every week because I though it would be better to do it than to fix the problem worst if it was a virus (I can't be fixing things for people and have to be doing the same for myself, mine should work I am not getting paid to fix it...now I just sit and listen to others in the house who use windows curse alot and I just say "you need to get a Mac). Now sometimes I wonder if it is time to reinstall OSX... still thinking like a windows person .

I'm surprised someone hasn't made a "Macs really do SUCK! Lets HEAR The RANTS!!!" thread yet. :thumbsup_anim:
They're mature, don't resort to childish threads, don't make baseless insults, etc on the other side, it seems.

Wait .... wasn't that a big dissapointment? I wasn't there when it came out for the Mac and haven't spent any time investigating but it was the first thing I downloaded when I had my nvidia drivers working for OSX86. The performance was BAD and visually ... don't get me started.

I did a quick search and read something that the time to market was really pushed and there was no time to really optimize the game. I'll dig up a link if I get the time.

I then had a look at Myst V (really don't like the game, just wanted to see it run) and that was much better, both performance and qualitywise.

Maybe I did something wrong with Doom 3? I know on Windows it generally ran very good.

Maybe you're running the PPC version under Rosseta? (and maybe you have an SSE2 system, so you have rosseta with SSE3 emulation running a game..)

don't know :censored2: just thinking =-)