Osx Install on a 680i Sli

SWN_Hellzone

21 posts in this topic

Ok I have the Evga 680i. The Disks Launches once it gets to the blue screen with select language and you cant use the mouse or the keyborad. Im useing Jas 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3 v2 beta. Any Ideas ? :)

Edited by Hellzone_Bringer of pain

I have a eVGA 680i mobo too and I'm struggling with a different problem, my mouse and keyboard work fine after a boot into the installation screen using the JaS 10.4.48 disk but it cant see any of my sata drives.

I'm assuming this is due to a lack of drivers for this mobo thus far of course but could any one confirm that? ;)

is there a 680i driver set available already? i was under the impression that it was still in dev

i ask cuz i'm getting the same mobo next month ;)

No stable SATA-support, most other hardware should work out of the box.... except (possibly) for USB2.0-support which should work after installing the latest generic EHCI-driver from here -> http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28559

No stable SATA-support, most other hardware should work out of the box.... except (possibly) for USB2.0-support which should work after installing the latest generic EHCI-driver from here -> http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28559

who do i have to donate to to get full compatibility for that board? :star_smile:

I have a eVGA 680i mobo too and I'm struggling with a different problem, my mouse and keyboard work fine after a boot into the installation screen using the JaS 10.4.48 disk but it cant see any of my sata drives.

I'm assuming this is due to a lack of drivers for this mobo thus far of course but could any one confirm that? :)

Yikes. I was actually thinking of attempting something, but I have *only* sata drives... including the DVD burners. Maybe I'll scratch this idea as even getting the disc to do anything would involve a hardware swap.

• 1 month later...

I was able to install using the distro called "Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3".

No LAN, Audio or SATA. Had to install to an IDE drive.

I understand that the nforce4SATA driver package (https://developer.berlios.de/projects/nforce4sata/) may enable SATA.

I understand that the AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip package may enable 2 channel sound.

Still looking for LAN.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alot is working for me now, got it running, and got ethernet "Intel Card", And Audio. I do notice slow downs and lockups :thumbsup_anim: but hay it's still in dev so i cant complane ;) Also I figured out that you have to disable the USB keyboard and mouse option in the bios in order for your ps/2 stuff to work.