OSX native on an xbox360

apowerr

12 posts in this topic

Well...

It must be a very clever person.. osx86 doesn't run on the 360, because it uses a PowerPC CPU.

A standard OSX dvd won't boot, so this must took a lot development to get it running with sound and all the stuff around..

FAKE

I'm going to go with fake. No one who actually did that would go through the trouble of showing things working, and NOT show an "about this Mac" or ASP window. Leaving those out makes me think the person who made it didn't want us to see that it was running on a standard Mac.

I'm gonna have to go with just a movie because he doesn't plug what seems to be the mouse in until afte the cursor starts moving and selecting stuff. Should have worked on the timing...

What he plugs in is a USB Memory Stick, not a mouse. Presumably the mouse is plugged into the back (does the 360 have ports in the back?)

FAKE.... #1 when he turned on the power it ran something that looked like a bios.... #2 you could have pluged in a usb stick into a real pc running osx and make it seem like you pluged it into the 360 and it so happend to pop up. I refuse to think thats real. oh and yes the 360 has one usb 2.0 in the back, it was made for the wireless adapter made by microsoft.

You can't run unsigned code on an xbox360 yet. This is why there are no modchips, only the dvd firmware patch which requires copies burned to dual layer dvds. It's coming , but not anytime soon.

Actually you can run unsigned code on the 360. It is done with both the firmware patch and hypervisor vulnerability via the King Kong shader exploit! Linux is working on the 360, so technically MAC OS is possible, though this is a fake because I would have heard of this by now if it was real.

Fake. Remember, PPC on xbox is not the PPC used in Macs. it is the "Power" architecture, which is different, but extremely similar. Same with Ps3. They're not the same. Linux is adaptable and an adaptation would not be too difficut, but only using a heavily altered PPC build of OSX would accomplish the result.