Vista sales propel Microsoft's profits to almost $5 BILLION

robotskip

31 posts in this topic

a) You're Bill Gates IV, and you're just mad because daddy sucks, badly.

Bill Gates far from sucks. He's a great businessman, who is far more successful than you are, sitting behind your little computer.

b) You're a stupid MS fanboy, and you are unable to dissociate your own poor existence of a corporation made to profit. You will defend Bill and MS whatever the reaseon, against whatever, even when for they you don't even exist. Enjoy your life.

Look who's lashing out now. I wasn't, but you are the one who is. You will attack Bill and MS with whatever the reason, and defend Steve and Apple at whatever reason.

c) You're a kid, saying stupid kids stuff, because you ignore how real world works and you don't realize that charity donations are nothing but fancy ways to evade taxes. Do yourself a favor and unplug your computer and your TV, go and read some books for a change.

Actually, I am probably far more educated than you, judging by the nonsensical tyrades you go on, and your lack of depth. Bill Gates donated more than he'll ever recieve in tax exemption, and the like. I DOUBT he founded a whole foundation, with worldwide recognition, to get out of taxes. Yes, a $60b foundation to get out of the whole little he has to pay in taxes. Congrats, proteo becomes the first one to discover this! He decided to shift his work from Microsoft, to full time, AT GETTING TAX EXEMPTIONS.

Bill Gates recently made a deal to sell Windows Starter Edition to developing nations like I mentioned above for 1$. This is what I mean by bringing in windows into everything. He could have gave Linx for free. This would also help Linux, and give a more open perspective towards Microsoft. Plus how much is the software going to cost? that was never mentioned in the deal.

Come on, you want a technology corporate chairman, to give a worldwide push to his competitor. You know that's a ridiculous and idiotic move, and would be stupid. He wants to expand his product, great, and he's doing it very, very affordably. To say that Microsoft's chairman should push another product would make him look very hypocritical. Again, you're letting the software side of things influence how you feel about his philanthropy.

As for more money than everyone else...thats just completely wrong, and pure fanboysism at the most. The upmost credit should go towards Warren Buffet. It was him who donated the majority of the money (31 Billion) that is being sent from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundtation. Bill Gates as himself did not contribute to the same amount as Warren Buffet did (although he did more than Steve Jobs). The Gates foundation only had $29 Billion....while Warren Buffet added another $31 Billion to that.

Except that Bill Gates donated billions before he started his foundation. There. I respect Buffet and Gates for what they both do, and the point is, they both donate tons of their own money, to great causes, and only the biggest of Apple fanboy's could see this as more of a problem than keeping the money.

Again, Steve Jobs does not donate as much as Bill Gates does (infact not even a fraction)...which I will admit. That being said, you have to look at other factors as well. Look at the corporate revenue and net worth of Microsoft, and compare that to Apple. Microsoft can afford to some degree towards this measure of giving (with a catch, ofcourse)...but Apple is not yet in that position (though they could do something about it). Bill Gates is worth $53 Billion, while Steve Jobs is worth $4.9 Billion. So you cant compare the magnitude between them two sadly.

No, but you can compare the percentage donated from them.

I too hate blind followers, thats what ticks me off, so I understand perfectly what your saying. I personally dont have anything against Windows users whatsoever...but when they go AHAHMacs sucks blah blah blah...thats when I go all out offensive. I use windows for gaming, so I know its advantages as well. I just hate it when people pick sides, thats when you know the thread is going to go downhill

I agree with you there. I hate blind followers, I don't support one OS any more than another, but it bothers me when OS X users say how "This is more ellegant" "Vista is teh warmed over Xp", "UAC askz u for teh everythingz", and follow Apple's image of Vista more than what's true. I hate people who blindly love everything Steve Jobs says, and refuse to recognize those fundemental flaws that OS X has too. (Windows has it's share).

a) You're Bill Gates IV, and you're just mad because daddy sucks, badly.

Bill Gates far from sucks. He's a great businessman, who is far more successful than you are, sitting behind your little computer.

b) You're a stupid MS fanboy, and you are unable to dissociate your own poor existence of a corporation made to profit. You will defend Bill and MS whatever the reaseon, against whatever, even when for they you don't even exist. Enjoy your life.

Look who's lashing out now. I wasn't, but you are the one who is. You will attack Bill and MS with whatever the reason, and defend Steve and Apple at whatever reason.

c) You're a kid, saying stupid kids stuff, because you ignore how real world works and you don't realize that charity donations are nothing but fancy ways to evade taxes. Do yourself a favor and unplug your computer and your TV, go and read some books for a change.

Actually, I am probably far more educated than you, judging by the nonsensical tyrades you go on, and your lack of depth. Bill Gates donated more than he'll ever recieve in tax exemption, and the like. I DOUBT he founded a whole foundation, with worldwide recognition, to get out of taxes. Yes, a $60b foundation to get out of the whole little he has to pay in taxes. Congrats, proteo becomes the first one to discover this! He decided to shift his work from Microsoft, to full time, AT GETTING TAX EXEMPTIONS.

Bill Gates recently made a deal to sell Windows Starter Edition to developing nations like I mentioned above for 1$. This is what I mean by bringing in windows into everything. He could have gave Linx for free. This would also help Linux, and give a more open perspective towards Microsoft. Plus how much is the software going to cost? that was never mentioned in the deal.

Come on, you want a technology corporate chairman, to give a worldwide push to his competitor. You know that's a ridiculous and idiotic move, and would be stupid. He wants to expand his product, great, and he's doing it very, very affordably. To say that Microsoft's chairman should push another product would make him look very hypocritical. Again, you're letting the software side of things influence how you feel about his philanthropy.

As for more money than everyone else...thats just completely wrong, and pure fanboysism at the most. The upmost credit should go towards Warren Buffet. It was him who donated the majority of the money (31 Billion) that is being sent from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundtation. Bill Gates as himself did not contribute to the same amount as Warren Buffet did (although he did more than Steve Jobs). The Gates foundation only had $29 Billion....while Warren Buffet added another $31 Billion to that.

Except that Bill Gates donated billions before he started his foundation. There. I respect Buffet and Gates for what they both do, and the point is, they both donate tons of their own money, to great causes, and only the biggest of Apple fanboy's could see this as more of a problem than keeping the money.

Again, Steve Jobs does not donate as much as Bill Gates does (infact not even a fraction)...which I will admit. That being said, you have to look at other factors as well. Look at the corporate revenue and net worth of Microsoft, and compare that to Apple. Microsoft can afford to some degree towards this measure of giving (with a catch, ofcourse)...but Apple is not yet in that position (though they could do something about it). Bill Gates is worth $53 Billion, while Steve Jobs is worth $4.9 Billion. So you cant compare the magnitude between them two sadly.

No, but you can compare the percentage donated from them. And for the record, I never said anything about what Jobb's donated. I don't expect billionaires to donate anything, but I hate when people attack Gates for donating Billions, and finding fault in it. Even finding fault in spreading Windows because it's "inferior" to linux is ridiculous. Why not spread Windows's install base for his company. Why not spread a more supported OS. If they want linux, they can still get it.

I too hate blind followers, thats what ticks me off, so I understand perfectly what your saying. I personally dont have anything against Windows users whatsoever...but when they go AHAHMacs sucks blah blah blah...thats when I go all out offensive. I use windows for gaming, so I know its advantages as well. I just hate it when people pick sides, thats when you know the thread is going to go downhill

I agree with you there. I hate blind followers, I don't support one OS any more than another, but it bothers me when OS X users say how "This is more ellegant" "Vista is teh warmed over Xp", "UAC askz u for teh everythingz", and follow Apple's image of Vista more than what's true. I hate people who blindly love everything Steve Jobs says, and refuse to recognize those fundemental flaws that OS X has too. (Windows has it's share). What really bothers me is when people let their opinion distort fact.

PC sales are good, Vista is going to sell, why post spam like this thread, it's not like it's a surprise come on now. People will be forced to upgrade to Vista when DX10 games come out so it will sell more, Microsoft have it all planned out.

Vista is not lightly to "propel" there propfits that much because it's only been out 3 months since the end of the financial year, dont believe this BS about Vista doing this as it makes no sence.

OK, guys, this has been fun but it's now so far off topic I'm closing the thread. For what it's worth, people who love or hate OSX, Windows or any other OS are entitled to their opinion, and they're entitled to voice an opinion without being derided as fanboys or "itiots" (sic).

So remember the simple code here - state your opinion, respect the fact that other people have different views and don't get into a slanging match with someone who disagrees with you.

Acceptable response "I disagree because ..."

Non-Acceptable response "You are a *$@*$ idiot to think that because..."

Many sites would issue warnings or bans for some of the comments we've seen in this thread; we are more tolerant than most but there are limits. Play fair and don't attack another individual just because he or she takes a different position.