Mac OS X 10.4.9 AMD update by Myzar

ptr

36 posts in this topic

Can I use it with OSX 1048 AMD FINAL by Tubgirl?? I hope so, cause I didn't find any other version special for AMD. Any one tried it and it worked? If yes, can you write some details, what card you have etc. thanks :whistle:

I guess the only way to find out is to try it yourself. Just backup your boot partition and off you go. I mean sometimes even exactly the same hardware will yield different results. Be sure to come back and post your findings.

Good luck.

first of all...sorry about my english....:)

I i've just installed this 10.4.9AMD update....and there is a problem.....

when try to boot OSX. a I got an error: com.apple.boot.plist coulden't find.......or something similar....

last time there was no problem with update from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8.......

you have to make a backup before update.....and try......and then write about it some words....

my machine:

Athlon64 3200

GF6600

1GB

VIA890

Installed it over a tubgirl's final 10.4.8 install, and seems ok on the whole, for now.

Had a few glitch, eg a global freeze in the system properties window just after the install, but not much more afterwards. Haven't spent enough time on that system to see where there could be other problems. I tend to stay with what seems more stable generally, 10.4.8.

Installed with no special preparation.

On first boot got : com.apple.boot.plist missing.

Switched to xp and used macdrive to access the system and got the plist from the install dvd. Placed it. Reboot. Works like a charm. :thumbsup_anim:

Can I use it with OSX 1048 AMD FINAL by Tubgirl?? I hope so, cause I didn't find any other version special for AMD. Any one tried it and it worked? If yes, can you write some details, what card you have etc. thanks :D

Yeah, I applied Myzar's 10.4.9 patch to my JaS 10.4.8 under VMware. Works fine. The only outstanding issue I had was that The AppleACPIPlatform.kext didn't like VMware after the upgrade. I just replaced it from my backup extensions folder, and it was all gravy.

Enjoy.

-gnubeard

Yes I have used the Myzar 10.4.9 update on several different AMD machines.

A few steps were needed, first backing up and restoring 10.4.8 loginwindow.app and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

There is a thread on the Hackint0sh forum discussing Myzar's update and any problems.

Yes I have used the Myzar 10.4.9 update on several different AMD machines.

A few steps were needed, first backing up and restoring 10.4.8 loginwindow.app and AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

There is a thread on the Hackint0sh forum discussing Myzar's update and any problems.

tnx headrush!! im gonna chck it out!!

awss whats the site address!!

tnx headrush!! im gonna chck it out!!

awss whats the site address!!

www.thepiratebay.com

Search for myzar, MacOSX, OSX86, etc. You'll find good things.

I updated with this one to 10.4.9 from 10.4.8 tubgrl and it worked great... it just needed 2 reboots. AMD
No backing up... smile.gif

using what method? netkas? did you use the kernel thats on the package? and is it reading ur system spec right? i mean the memory and the proc type?

www.thepiratebay.com

Search for myzar, MacOSX, OSX86, etc. You'll find good things.

i already have the packages i just want to know the success rate.. :) and the hackintsoh forum site!!

using what method? netkas? did you use the kernel thats on the package? and is it reading ur system spec right? i mean the memory and the proc type?

What method?? Just pop in tubgrl DVD - install and then install this update... you dont need any special methods...

Then i just grabbed & installed latest kernel from irc and it works great :)

Hey guys I just installed on my new pc opteron 165 .. where can I get the amd 10.4.9 updater?

I have latest 8.9.1 kernel + all updates...

Me too, but using Myzar's 10.4.9 update.

I had trouble with Tubgirl 10.4.9 AMD update several times on 3 machines.

Did you just use the Tubgirl AMD update and nothing else or did you use the tubgirl amd update following the netkas' initial guide?

(It would appear the guide was doing steps the tubgirl release already does and made things confusing.)

What method?? Just pop in tubgrl DVD - install and then install this update... you dont need any special methods...

Then i just grabbed & installed latest kernel from irc and it works great :pirate2:

Which irc server and channel?

I will give this a go on my Jas 10.4.8 +ppf etc which is very stable. (backing up first ofcourse)

Edit:

That didn't go to well.. I'm stuck at the grey apple screen with the rotating circle.

Booting in verbose mode I can see that it gets stuck after "Started CPU 01", no drive activity, nothing.

Don't know if it's related to my nforce4 sata driver or just a Jas 10.4.8 -> 10.4.9 Myzar problem.

Edit2:

Installed the latest kernel from irc. No change.

I then restored AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.4.8 (in Vista using macdrive), rebooted and it finally booted.. slowly, with a few errormessages (timeouts).

Then a window apperared complaining about the kext.

Repaired permissions, deleted Extensions.kextcache/Extensions.mkext, rebooted, only to be back on square one.

However, if I boot with -f now, it works (and no complaining/timeouts etc.)

Guess I'm missing something. :thumbsdown_anim: