Mac OS X 10.4.9 AMD update by Myzar

ptr

36 posts in this topic

Which irc server and channel?

I will give this a go on my Jas 10.4.8 +ppf etc which is very stable. (backing up first ofcourse)

Edit:

That didn't go to well.. I'm stuck at the grey apple screen with the rotating circle.

Booting in verbose mode I can see that it gets stuck after "Started CPU 01", no drive activity, nothing.

Don't know if it's related to my nforce4 sata driver or just a Jas 10.4.8 -> 10.4.9 Myzar problem.

Edit2:

Installed the latest kernel from irc. No change.

I then restored AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.4.8 (in Vista using macdrive), rebooted and it finally booted.. slowly, with a few errormessages (timeouts).

Then a window apperared complaining about the kext.

Repaired permissions, deleted Extensions.kextcache/Extensions.mkext, rebooted, only to be back on square one.

However, if I boot with -f now, it works (and no complaining/timeouts etc.)

Guess I'm missing something. :(

Follow the instructions here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=45283&hl=. Use the Myzar updater instead of the Apple one which you probably know. All should work, even the kernel update. Did for me anyway and DO NOT get the Secuirty Update 4-2007 unless you want it and then maybe you can backup and restore the login window. I just prefer not to mess with it.

• 2 weeks later...
how did you do it?

Orginally used myzars update which worked fine on both an Opteron 170 and an Amd64 SSE2.

Since then have re-installed, (as a test), using Uphuck DVD v1.2 on Opteron and worked fine also.

My guess if you're having troubles are due to the nforce4.

Well yea.. I know about the nforce4 but I'm not using sata for osx.. I'm using IDE drive

Hey I gotta Question if i went out and bought 10.4 would it install on an AMD system or do i need the jas patched version?

No, that would definitely NOT work. The whole point of OSx86 is being able to install it on PC's. Therefore, why would Apple sell their OS to install on PC's?

- Sb.

I was asking at the beginning of this topic and I'm answering. I installed Mac OS X 10.4.9 AMD update by Myzar on Tubgirl AMD Final release and... it just worked... I didn't do anything special, like editing files, writing fsb, no, just installed and rebooted the machine. Now I have 8.9.1. It's not so stable that I would like to- I have dual boot system, when I'm using Windows and reboot it sometimes hangs up - so I usually do not reboot- first switch off and switch on then. Several times OS X didn't boot at all, I pressed restart button and there was message "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". I usually then boot on Slax and switch off computer. It's strange. Adobe Creative Suite works better on 10.4.9 than on 10.4.8 (I had problems with some shortcuts). There's only this one problem - hanging up :) I don't know what will change in Mac OS X Leopard in compare to Tiger but I hope that they'll hack it and it'll detect SATA disk on my laptop cause now it doesn't. Why SATA disks are so incompatible with OSX86?? I heard it depend on chipset (in laptop I have ATI chipset) I would like to have Mac, but it's too expensive in my country (very few people buy it). I can afford, I can collect money for some years but it simply it's not economic for me- I have 3 computers and buy a new one every several years. Ok, sorry for offtopic :) My machine:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 SLI, AMD Hammer

HDD: Maxtor 6B250R0 (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Sound Card: Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 - Audio Codec Interface - works

Network Card: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - works

DVD ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B (16x/52x DVD-ROM)

DVD RW: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 - DVDs recorded in Toast 7 cause 8 doesn't work

Graphics Card: ATI RADEON X700 Series Secondary (256 MB)

I was asking at the beginning of this topic and I'm answering. I installed Mac OS X 10.4.9 AMD update by Myzar on Tubgirl AMD Final release and... it just worked... I didn't do anything special, like editing files, writing fsb, no, just installed and rebooted the machine. Now I have 8.9.1. It's not so stable that I would like to- I have dual boot system, when I'm using Windows and reboot it sometimes hangs up - so I usually do not reboot- first switch off and switch on then. Several times OS X didn't boot at all, I pressed restart button and there was message "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". I usually then boot on Slax and switch off computer. It's strange. Adobe Creative Suite works better on 10.4.9 than on 10.4.8 (I had problems with some shortcuts). There's only this one problem - hanging up :) I don't know what will change in Mac OS X Leopard in compare to Tiger but I hope that they'll hack it and it'll detect SATA disk on my laptop cause now it doesn't. Why SATA disks are so incompatible with OSX86?? I heard it depend on chipset (in laptop I have ATI chipset) I would like to have Mac, but it's too expensive in my country (very few people buy it). I can afford, I can collect money for some years but it simply it's not economic for me- I have 3 computers and buy a new one every several years. Ok, sorry for offtopic :) My machine:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 SLI, AMD Hammer

HDD: Maxtor 6B250R0 (250 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Sound Card: Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 - Audio Codec Interface - works

Network Card: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - works

DVD ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B (16x/52x DVD-ROM)

DVD RW: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 - DVDs recorded in Toast 7 cause 8 doesn't work

Graphics Card: ATI RADEON X700 Series Secondary (256 MB)

You said in your post that you have an ATI chipset, but by your specs you have an nForce4. I have nForce250, and I don't have a SATA drive so I can't help you there BUT I have read over and over on these boards that SATA does not work on nForce4. I know there's plenty of others out there with this problem so hopefully they can figure it out soon. Sorry dude. Be patient...