most stable release

Soündless

14 posts in this topic

ummmm. how do i put this. 241 was about five builds ago, it was the wwdc one!!!!!! just get 410 off of the pink pig. no wonder urs is very buggy!

yes, i know that it was the wwdc release, i never updated it because i assumed that leopard was going to come out sooner and that i could just live with an old release, but now that it is coming in october, i want an upgrade, but not one that has a whole bunch of problems, 410 has lots of problems. i heard that 343 was ok.

Even the technical documentation provided with the Xcode Tools is

preliminary and confused.

As a developer, the most interesting items of the Early Access Kit are

the videos of the Leopard sessions from the WWDC '06: they are

DRM-free and I wonder why they haven't been leaked instead

of the massive OS image: Apple has already made available the general

sessions on "ADC on iTunes".

I didn't like the release notes for any build other than 9A283. I am currently using it. It is incredibly stable, but I think 9A410 is good enough for me to upgrade.

what 10.5 release is the most stabe? i have been using it on my mbp, but 241 is very buggy and i am looking to upgrade

Hey! This build is really (really) old :D! Look at 9A377a if you don't have a pink-place access: it's very stable a with just a few bugs more than latest 410.

• 4 weeks later...

i've tried 2 builds: 9A321 & 9A410

for me, 9A321's rosetta wasn't working well. it took about 5 hours to install Office Mac 2004 and when I tried saving a doc, soemtimes I wont be able to type a file name in.

in 9A410, rosetta runs way faster. there's still a slight rendering glitch (the save dialog box sometimes repeats a line twice, but that goes away if you use the extended box mode [with the graphic box which shows the directories]), but personally i like this build a lot. i haven't booted back into os x tiger for much since installing this.

It might just be my Powerbook, perhaps, but it has been really slim pickings on stable builds.

I have tried nearly every one (except 9A377a).

I think saying that they are alpha quality is true - but hopefully this 'feature complete beta' we are meant to be getting at WWDC might be usable.

Also, they are all sooooooo slowwwwww

Or perhaps it's time I got a new laptop.... :(