10.4.3 no Dualboot in Bootloader anymore

julian23

10 posts in this topic

Hallo !

I just installed 10.4.3 8F1099 with Maxxus DVD Patch !

Works fine and runs like hell on my P4 630@3800, MSI 915G Combo-FR !

But the Bootloaders does not show my NTFS Drives anymore. In fact i cannnot see

any Bootloader at all. It just boots to OSX and there i can see the desktopicons of my NTFS-Drives.

I can manually set the startvolume in the osx systemconfiguration to my XP-Bootdrive, but then it´s

impossible to boot into OSX again.

Is there someone with the same error ?

Hallo !

any Bootloader at all. It just boots to OSX and there i can see the desktopicons of my NTFS-Drives.

I can manually set the startvolume in the osx systemconfiguration to my XP-Bootdrive, but then it´s

yeah, my darwin bootloader doesnt show up either. luckily i am tri-booting with SUSE, so i can use grub to get myself into os X. i recommend trying a new bootloader or using the install dvd as a boot disk. hth

yeah, my darwin bootloader doesnt show up either. luckily i am tri-booting with SUSE, so i can use grub to get myself into os X. i recommend trying a new bootloader or using the install dvd as a boot disk. hth

The DVD shows no NTFS-Drives either. I can only press F8 to edit bootoptions.

How do you triboot with SUSE(Grub) ? I used The XP Bootloader to triboot for XP, OSX and SUSE 10, but that does not work anymore.

Why does the Darwinbootloader not show up like the one from 10.4.1 ? Any idea ?

Hallo !

Did you install natively ?

I've got the same MB but with 530J cpu (SSE3 but no NX) and I can't get it to boot natively (due to no NX presumably). It also doesn't work under vmware 5. 10.4.1 works fine ... Any suggestions?

Hallo !

.... for me i just use acronis os selector and make a bootable media cd out of it... if anything goes wrong with the bootloader after installing osx86 on diff hdd.. just pop the bootable media and repair... no command or strings to edit... just clicking ok ok and done..

well when you install SUSE it will, by default, shrink your windows partition and install Grub somewhere on the Hd. presuming this is the hard drive the bios boots, if will allow you to choose which os to boot. you add these in a grub configuration file. i have mine set up to the non-gui grub so i can type in where i want to boot from like root(0,0)+1

hth

xloader people.You need to enable boot promt and time by editing the boot list. see wiki on where the boot list is located.

Thanks !

Editing com.apple.Boot.plist and setting

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>no</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>8</string>

did the job for me. :(

It seems that the default 10.4.3 com.apple.Boot.plist differs from the 10.4.1 one.

Did you install natively ?

I've got the same MB but with 530J cpu (SSE3 but no NX) and I can't get it to boot natively (due to no NX presumably). It also doesn't work under vmware 5. 10.4.1 works fine ... Any suggestions?

Yes, i installed it and can boot it natively without any errors.

Works perfect.

To my knowledge the 530J has the NX feature.

You have to enable it in the Bios. Maybe you have an old Bios ?

I can enable the NX Feature, Enhanced Intel Speedstep and C1E Enhanced Halt Step in the Bios.