10.4.3 install crashes every time

Munky^

6 posts in this topic

When I run the 10.4.3 install, it crashes every time. Right at the beginning of the install it says 'Preparing Disk' and after that just disappears.

console.log shows 'buffer overflow!' every time this happens

On a fresh install from DVD on AMD64 machine. Also previously had a deadmoo install working on this machinen and it did exactly the same thing.

What are your specs? also are you talking about the generic 10.4.1 with the 10.4.3 or the new release of 10.4.3?

AMD 64 (Newcastle: SSE2), NForce3 mobo.

10.4.1 install is off DVD image. Old install was deadmoo dd'ed.

10.4.3 is the update package. Don't know what old/new release you're referring to. This one was a ~616Mb .tar.

The new release that he is talking about I belive is a patched Install DVD. This happened to me the first time I tried to install it but the second time I ran it, it worked fine. I don't belive my update file was that big though. I'm not sure I could be wrong.

Its not a patched install DVD. There is no 10.4.3 patched install DVD and I'm guessing there won't be for quite some time, if ever.

The update is just a download. Download. Run installer. It doesn't update the system to 10.4.3 - not by a longshot. It just improves speed and gives updates to applications (Quicktime 7, anyone?) and such.

Yeah, it's not a DVD install, it's just a package that AFAIK includes lots of separate updates. It's called 10.4.3 but yeah, it isn't really a complete 10.4.3 update.

Anyone know why it might be crashing? I think I saw somewhere that it's possible to get the individual updates out of the package and run/install them separately - anyone know how to do this?

Thanks