ASUS P5N-E SLI (650i)

45 posts in this topic

I also have this board, and have had no luck so far.  With the "tubgirl" release I have been able to install onto an IDE HDD, but upon booting to this drive am just presented with a blinking cursor.  Any chance there is a fix for this, now or in the works?

I've gotten my p5n-e sli to work alright. The only problem is i have no sound, no ethernet, and my video card is only running in vesa.

;/

sound: Realtek ALC883 ( and soundblaster x-fi )

network: Marvell 88E1116

video: geforce 8800

I used the VMware trick with a spare IDE hard drive.

hmm, i just looked up the sound/network chips. i might be able to get those working >.>

I've gotten my p5n-e sli to work alright. The only problem is i have no sound, no ethernet, and my video card is only running in vesa.

;/

sound: Realtek ALC883 ( and soundblaster x-fi )

network: Marvell 88E1116

video: geforce 8800

I used the VMware trick with a spare IDE hard drive.

hmm, i just looked up the sound/network chips. i might be able to get those working >.>

I might have to try that out.  Keep us updated!

sorry guys, im a nub. I have a question?

What do you mean by "vmware trick"? Can you use vmware to install mac os x86 natively? If so how?

I tried the jas 10.4.8 iso and it doesnt work at all.. says its ide device is blocking bus, and still waiting for root device?

I dont know what im doing...

What iso did you guys use?

• 1 month later...

I have this board also and got everything works except for audio(Don't know if there's a patch) firewire and my 8800GTS.

Internet work without patch just need alittle configuration.

For network I configure manualy, like enter the IP Address, router address, Submask, DNS Server...All those information can find on your Windows Network Properties.

I have this board also and got everything works except for audio(Don't know if there's a patch) firewire and my 8800GTS.

Internet work without patch just need alittle configuration.

For network I configure manualy, like enter the IP Address, router address, Submask, DNS Server...All those information can find on your Windows Network Properties.

Hey Coneroe, can you tell me in more details how you got your network to work? What drivers did you use? My network chipset is a Marvell 88E111.

For audio check out my Install guide: iPower 9099 Installation with audio

Hey Coneroe, can you tell me in more details how you got your network to work? What drivers did you use? My network chipset is a Marvell 88E111.

For audio check out my Install guide: iPower 9099 Installation with audio

My friend did the driver for me, he edit the AppleYukon.kext and change the device, vendor id, and other script to make it work. After that, I have to edit the Subnet mask, DNS Host, IP Address, and Router address.

Hey dude, I tried your AlC883 and failed 2 time and I just notice I have to select 3port_digital to make it work. Well anyway does it work on 10.4.7?

Hi Coneroe,

could you send me the kext to make Network work?

cu

Superhero360

My friend did the driver for me, he edit the AppleYukon.kext and change the device, vendor id, and other script to make it work. After that, I have to edit the Subnet mask, DNS Host, IP Address, and Router address.

Woah, woah woah, slow down, I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI nForce 650i, and all I can get to work is the deadmoo image. I can run Jas 10.4.8 natively and it finds the IDE OK. Any of you who got it working, what ISO did you use (I know where to get them, just the name, and patches) I get the whole kernel stack fault business.

At this point, all I want is a GUI, and a full drive partition. Oh, and I have a 7900 GS if that might be a problem.

any suggestions?

Hey Folks...

I have the Asus p5n-e SLI with the JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel ppf1 ppf2 installed and running beautifully (must use x11 and AMD install only on the "custom settings" for some reason).

My Hardware:

Intel e6400 @ 2.4 GHz

2 GB el cheapo ram @ 800MHz

Seagate Sata drive (not detected)

a couple of IDE drives (where my Mac OS is)

eVGA 7600 GS running as a result of patching with natit_dual v0.02

Audio running as a result of patching with ALC883Audio.mpkg

USB and Firewire detected

NO ETHERNET dammit. Can anyone help please?

K

Nice. But the Gigabit Ethernet is very very important! However it's good to hear that you got the SLI board working.

What else is not working aside from that?

Random: My initials are KDH as well. O_o; W0rd

Well...

I cheated. I got a $5 Lan card from Fry's and now it works. It is the Airlink ASOHORL (No I didnt make that name up.)

It isnt gigabit, but I didnt want to invest a whole lot just to try something out. Gigabit cards on the HCL can be had for about $20.

K