Lenovo Laptops

Wedge

21 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am a new poster here, however I have looked in the Wiki and searched the forums for a larger list of laptops that work with X86 OS X. Anyway, I was looking at picking up a Lenovo 3000 N with a 945 chipset and a 7300 Go. I saw in my post search that someone had gotten a C series working without sound and PC Card. If anybody has any more info let me know.

Otherwise I cannot get a Lenovo working if anybody else has better ideas for a under 6 lbs with a 7300 or x1400/x1600 graphics card and a Core 2 Duo let me know!

Thanks guys,

BTW the tutorials for installs were very easy to read and understand!

Ok I got a hold of one of a classmates Lenovo N, however it doesnt have the NVidia GPU. Everthing else should be the same.

Here is the info I pulled off of it from Everest Home Ed.

Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM

Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (Also says n compatible on the net)|

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (192.168.0.10)

if you guys need anything else let me know, I still have the print out from Everest

Edited by Wedge

I've got one of these laptops on order. After much digging around, I've managed to piece together the specs:

The specs for the Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 Celeron M model are:

CPU: Intel Celeron M 420 1.6GHz (Execute Disable Bit capability)

Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Video: Intel GMA950

Audio: SoundMax AD1986A HD Audio

SATA: 82801GBM/GHM (SATA-150 or SATA-300, not sure)

Hard Disk: 80Gb SATA-150

Memory: 512Mb DDR2 (PC2-5300)

Bluetooth: Broadcom

Network: RealTek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ wired

Wireless NIC: ThinkPad 11a/b/g II (Intel ipw3945 ABG)

Fingerprint Scanner: Authentec AES2501

Screen: 1280x800

Card Reader: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter

PCMCIA: ENE Technology Inc CB1410

USB: Intel 82801G (ICH7)

I have Lenovo 3000 N100 and installed 10.4.8. No sound, No wireless access. I have been trying out various solutions for audio on these forums. But, nothing seems to work. Initially, after a fresh install of 10.4.8, I was not even able to adjust the volume. Now I am at a point where I am able to adjust the volume but still no sound. Was anyone of you able to get the sound working ?

Hello folks. I will be following your progress here with the Lenovo c100. I recently purchased a 3000 c200, with slighly different hardware, and then upped the mem and cpu to a core2 duo. I purchased it because I figured the hardware specs were extremely close to that of a MacBook, but alas, there are a few tricky things I'm trying to find work-arounds for. I'll set up a topic on the Lenovo 3000 c200 proper when I get everything working and have all the data to post.

I believe the main diff between the c100 and c200, besides physical, are the sound (c200 is RealTek ALC882), wireless (c200 is Broadcom 4311), and there's no fingerprint scanner on the c200. Everything else is virtually identical.

So far, just an fyi, I have been able to install Maxxus' 10.4.3 like buttah, everything working but cardreader, audio and bluetooth, and I'm currently fighting the demons behind JaS's 10.4.8. Semthex works, Mkfi no. And do NOT install the "USB Fix" - made that mistake already. USB is fine without it.

More when I get everything working.

• 4 weeks later...
I have Lenovo 3000 N100 and installed 10.4.8. No sound, No wireless access. I have been trying out various solutions for audio on these forums. But, nothing seems to work. Initially, after a fresh install of 10.4.8, I was not even able to adjust the volume. Now I am at a point where I am able to adjust the volume but still no sound. Was anyone of you able to get the sound working ?

I have the same Laptop.

Install JaS 10.4.8

Choose: Semthex, GMA.950.Support.

After succesful install (using external monitor), I can not boot.

Some error about USB.

Is that happened to you?

Thanks for help.

• 4 weeks later...

Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop - Model 0768B9G

MAC OSX (JaS Intel SSE3) 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.9

Core 2 Due T5500

Mobile Intel 945GM Express

80 GB - Fujitsu SATA-150 - 5400 rpm

512MB SDRAM DDR2 PC2-5300 FSB-667

VGA Integrated Intel GMA 950 core/quartz [working]

FireWire Controller Ricoh RL5C832 IEEE1394 [working]

Bluetooth Integrated USB Device Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device [working]

Ethernet PCI Device Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter [A/B/C] [working]

Trackpad Synaptics PS/2 [working] NO scrolling

USB Storage Devices [working]

Hitachi-LG ATAPI DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM [working]

battery Indecator [working]

Audio Analog Devices AD1986A @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [working using headset or External Speaker]

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [will work soon..]

Webcam Integrated Camera Sonix USB20 [Detected but NOT working]

Modem Agere Systems HDA Modem [NOT working]

Fingerprint :reconogized: [NOT tested]

Sleep Mode [NOT recovering back]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Small update from me. My Lenovo N100 3000 is with 7300go and Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG...

I copy/paste post that I make somewhere else, and it is solution for sound:

After year and a half, I finaly have sound working fully and sounds great.

I download file from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=452459

and then using program:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=791708

i nstalled kext's from zip, than checked Repair permissions, set extensions permissions, clear...and all other tasks exept Update prebinding and touch extension folder (becouse I am not quite understand what they will do) and after selected tasks was done, and after restart, finaly I have a soud!

Internal spekers, mic, and even output to earphones work.

Volume slider does not working, but this (lower or higher sound) work through sliders in applications.

Thanks MadTux for kext and ~pcwiz for great app!

About DVB-T USB stick for TV on Mac....

I have 2 USB DVB-T sticks. Bouth are made by Hama, and both work with MediaCentral (automaticly recognized as Miglia Mini TV) with no bugs and problems. Exept 5min demo mode

EyeTV find stations, have a sound but picture are freezed at first frame all the time.

USB's are:

Hama USB 2.0 mini DVB-T Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-usb-2-0-mini-dvb-t-stick/)

Hama DVB-T USB 2.0 Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-dvb-t-usb-2-0-stick/)._

VGA out- all you have to do isedit NVCAP

details on: http://nvinject.free.fr/

I used a value: 04000000 00000d00 02000000 00000007 00000000

on my Lenovo N100 3000 with nvidia 7300go, and I have laptop LCD and VGA out on 22" LCD, with full resolution (1680x1050) on bouth.

I used PlistEditPro for NVCAP editing.

Before and after editing NVCAP i run permision repair in disk utility.

Main problem I found on my 7300go was first part, where I have 004... instead of 040... before that change, nothing was happening.

And, I deleted NVInject, so only NVInjectGo was in extension folder.

Waiting for 3945...and modem maybe :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Small update from me. My Lenovo N100 3000 is with 7300go and Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG...

I copy/paste post that I make somewhere else, and it is solution for sound:

After year and a half, I finaly have sound working fully and sounds great.

I download file from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=452459

and then using program:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=791708

i nstalled kext's from zip, than checked Repair permissions, set extensions permissions, clear...and all other tasks exept Update prebinding and touch extension folder (becouse I am not quite understand what they will do) and after selected tasks was done, and after restart, finaly I have a soud!

Internal spekers, mic, and even output to earphones work.

Volume slider does not working, but this (lower or higher sound) work through sliders in applications.

Thanks MadTux for kext and ~pcwiz for great app!

About DVB-T USB stick for TV on Mac....

I have 2 USB DVB-T sticks. Bouth are made by Hama, and both work with MediaCentral (automaticly recognized as Miglia Mini TV) with no bugs and problems. Exept 5min demo mode

EyeTV find stations, have a sound but picture are freezed at first frame all the time.

USB's are:

Hama USB 2.0 mini DVB-T Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-usb-2-0-mini-dvb-t-stick/)

Hama DVB-T USB 2.0 Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-dvb-t-usb-2-0-stick/)._

VGA out- all you have to do isedit NVCAP

details on: http://nvinject.free.fr/

I used a value: 04000000 00000d00 02000000 00000007 00000000

on my Lenovo N100 3000 with nvidia 7300go, and I have laptop LCD and VGA out on 22" LCD, with full resolution (1680x1050) on bouth.

I used PlistEditPro for NVCAP editing.

Before and after editing NVCAP i run permision repair in disk utility.

Main problem I found on my 7300go was first part, where I have 004... instead of 040... before that change, nothing was happening.

And, I deleted NVInject, so only NVInjectGo was in extension folder.

Waiting for 3945...and modem maybe :(

Links doesn't work

this is my first post

i would like to say hello to everyone ;)

today i installed kalyway 10.5.2 on Lenovo R61i - without problems. i'm just didn't have wifi - for now ;)

i tried install this OS several times on IBM T42 but without success

R61i model is - 8932-AEG

T42 - 2374-8tg

best regards

Skoku

this is my first post

i would like to say hello to everyone ;)

today i installed kalyway 10.5.2 on Lenovo R61i - without problems. i'm just didn't have wifi - for now :)

i tried install this OS several times on IBM T42 but without success

R61i model is - 8932-AEG

T42 - 2374-8tg

best regards

Skoku

HI!

I have the R60e model.

Works fine without following:

WIFI, (But after placingother network card, need to implement changed BIOS)

Deep Sleep mode, corrupt sleeping file!

So good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to note that i run ideneb 10.5.5 on Thinkpad t500 without any problems. sound, bluetooth and camera work out of box. ethernet needs 82566 drivers. it works on full wsxga+ resolution no wifi (5300AGN) or graphics support(ATI 3650) for now. though it recognises the ati card, but no drivers;if anyone has solution for this, please let me know.

Martin

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Just wanted to note that i run ideneb 10.5.5 on Thinkpad t500 without any problems. sound, bluetooth and camera work out of box. ethernet needs 82566 drivers. it works on full wsxga+ resolution no wifi (5300AGN) or graphics support(ATI 3650) for now. though it recognises the ati card, but no drivers;if anyone has solution for this, please let me know.

Martin

Can you shed some light on getting sound and full wsxga+ resolution. It would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Martin

Could you post your installation selection for T500 to work?

thanks

Duke

• 2 months later...

I have just installed IATKOS v7 10.5.7 onto a lenovo n200 3000 type 769

Almost everything worked without problems except

wired lan

intel wifi card (so swapped it for an airport card)

it doesnt like sleep mode and has a tendency to run the cpu fan flat out (does anyone have a fix for this ?)

and i changed 1 value in the bios so that it would boot without needing cpus=1 command

go here for bios fix

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message...ding&page=1

• 6 months later...