Toast Titanium 8

my1stmacisaHACK

18 posts in this topic

hi guys.. i dont know if its just me!! but toast 8 wont run in my box.. toast 7.1.2 working fine though.. but i cant seem to run toast 8!! im using tubgirls AMD final!!

any help and advice would be appreciated

And just what might your "box" be???

It won't launch on my x86 box. Intel 845 GL SSE2 Pentium 2.4 running 10.4.6 Myzar version which runs with no issues. Jas 10.4.7 & 10.4.8 both have issues so went back to Myzar. Have not yet gotten a copy of the new Jas DVD.

Toast 8 runs well on my PPC machine. I like the real time writing speed info. Surprised how much it varies .Don't care for the new GUI but may grow on me.

• 3 weeks later...

it's definitely cuz it uses QE/CI, won't load without it. tried it on two different machines, one with and one without. also installed a fresh 10.4.8/8.8.1 install and Toast 8 wouldn't run until i got QE/CI working. it's probably using QE/CI for the useless ghosted fade in effect they have going now.

• 6 months later...

Did anyone find a workaround in the meantime (like the one for iWork / Pages) to make it work without QE/CI ??

Actually I don't care if I use 8.x or 7.x for burning, but I would love to use the catalog proggie that comes with 8...

So any chance to convince that darned app NOT to use desktop acceleration??

Thanks!