Easy Update to 10.4.8

Steve's Job

166 posts in this topic

I tried to install it. But i nave no result.

First of All I had create copy of IOPCCardFamily.kext and copied it. (don't think that trouble in it, i tried without this step, it's also no effect)

Next, i installed combo update from mac and force quit.

Next, installed your patch. I tried all kernels, and it has no effect on my laptop.

Nex, i forced quit and replaced IOPCCardFamily.kext - that's why i has no such panic.

I restarted Macer and get panic in System.kext. Could you help to me?

My Macer configuration:

Intel Core Duo - 1.66 (fully supports SSE3)

Memory - 1024 Dual-channel

Video - ATI x1300 (i had choise no driver in your pakage)

I had normal work JaS 10.4.7. (in SSE3 mode)

Sorry for my English.

- Dark.

you said after installed 1048 combo update then applied my patch but no effect

what do you mean with 'no effect' :)

for your laptop make sure you remove IOPCCardFamily.kext inside /System/Library/Extensions before restart

for your x1300 maybe this link can help you

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33007

report back :dev:

Thanks for you, I just have install you patch with success. I wrote that i have 10.4.7 mac os. And now it's 10.4.8.

What i do:

install mac update and force quit

install eGWan update with Demon kernel and force quit

came to: system/library/extension and put IOPCardFamily.kext in trash then empty the trash

NEXT STEP! I just tried without it, and have system panic. So, i unplug DC cable from Macer.

Next - go to bash and type - reboot

first run i had black screen and something like waiting mode. So, i turn power key twice for restart and load mac again. It's works. =) that's pretty.

eGWan, i have read this link about natit.kext, but i didn't understand how to install it :)

Thank you.

glad to hear that :police:

.. dont forget to give a thanks to all Insanely'ers who have hard worked for us to make it possible,

offcourse for Swad and staffs for providing this amazing website which very very help us from all around the world,

Mifki, DaemonES, Semthex, JaS, Omni, Callisto, np_ , Bofor, TheMax3200, Taruga, DM_Webd, Borisbadenov, Rammjet, Keithpk, Paulicat and all Insanely'ers.

Support them and show your thanks with donation :)

have you try boot with -legacy and what the error log,

boot with single usermode then type

less /var/log/system.log

btw, can you post your cpu specs?

Thanks for the reply. I have a 3.4GHz Pentium 4. I tried the -legacy boot and had the same results. The last system.log file entry shows the USB cardreader cannot wakeup and then it is filled with ^@'s until I reboot. I need to repartition anyway and you I will try a reinstallation as I had no critical data yet.

TX

Wierd problems here!

>>Config

Intel P4 630 (Prescott) 3 GHz

mobo: Intel D915GLVG

512 MB DDR

Display: on-board (910GL on-board chipset)

HDD: 80 x2 SATA

<</Config

Was running JaS 10.4.7 updt on JaS 10.4.6 install and everything was runnig great.

Used eGWan's patcher (after installing the combo 10.4.8 from Apple). Went great. Chose GMA900 support, Realtek support; none from the ATI Radeon. No kernel selected - so went with the default Semtex.

No panic etc. System boots but display is not viewable: black screen with crazy blue shapes that could be folders / icons. Worked blind and click/dragged a selection on the desktop where i remebered I had some folders and called up quicksilver to get to another drive, and did a random paste - do remember that I could not see jack of what i was doing. Went into XP to check and the folders had actually been copied over!

So the install works, the display is blown!

Was updating a previous working installed with other progs on it. Am going to format the partition and try on a clean install of 10.4.6.

Should I also select the GMA950 support or somethig?

Edit:: Formatted the mac os x partition and did a clean 10.4.6 install. Updated to 10.4.7 and tried to up it to 10.4.8. Same problems.

Still get a crazed blue texture. Had previously set the dock's magnification and hiding on. When I take the mouse over the area where the dock should be, the texture kinda shows some waves.

Am really stuck on this one. Any help will be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Edited by jollyfatman

hi, i am doing this on vmware that installed on xp, all my hardware works as i have 10.4.1 working great on another vm

on a new vm i installed 10.8.6 and then did ur update, followed all steps,

go to reboot and as soon as the grey screen comes up with the apple vmware said the machine crashed. started it again and now it will get to the grey apple screen but be completly frozen

i booted with -v command . attached is the screen shot of where it stoped. the machine did work before the update. no biggie i was gona actualy just delete it if it didnt work but i figured id post my problem here first to see if anyone else had the same issue. thanks

post-79496-1169858696_thumb.jpg

Wierd problems here!

>>Config

Intel P4 630 (Prescott) 3 GHz

mobo: Intel D915GLVG

512 MB DDR

Display: on-board (910GL on-board chipset)

HDD: 80 x2 SATA

<</Config

Was running JaS 10.4.7 updt on JaS 10.4.6 install and everything was runnig great.

Used eGWan's patcher (after installing the combo 10.4.8 from Apple). Went great. Chose GMA900 support, Realtek support; none from the ATI Radeon. No kernel selected - so went with the default Semtex.

No panic etc. System boots but display is not viewable: black screen with crazy blue shapes that could be folders / icons. Worked blind and click/dragged a selection on the desktop where i remebered I had some folders and called up quicksilver to get to another drive, and did a random paste - do remember that I could not see jack of what i was doing. Went into XP to check and the folders had actually been copied over!

So the install works, the display is blown!

Was updating a previous working installed with other progs on it. Am going to format the partition and try on a clean install of 10.4.6.

Should I also select the GMA950 support or somethig?

Edit:: Formatted the mac os x partition and did a clean 10.4.6 install. Updated to 10.4.7 and tried to up it to 10.4.8. Same problems.

Still get a crazed blue texture. Had previously set the dock's magnification and hiding on. When I take the mouse over the area where the dock should be, the texture kinda shows some waves.

Am really stuck on this one. Any help will be greatly appreciated :huh:

Try run restorevga script to clear display caches

boot with single user mode [-s] then type . /restorevga

if still no luck try update from 1046

hi, i am doing this on vmware that installed on xp, all my hardware works as i have 10.4.1 working great on another vm

on a new vm i installed 10.8.6 and then did ur update, followed all steps,

go to reboot and as soon as the grey screen comes up with the apple vmware said the machine crashed. started it again and now it will get to the grey apple screen but be completly frozen

i booted with -v command . attached is the screen shot of where it stoped. the machine did work before the update. no biggie i was gona actualy just delete it if it didnt work but i figured id post my problem here first to see if anyone else had the same issue. thanks

can you post it with cpu spec,

from your screen captured looks like osx failed to find root hd

try run restorevga script to clear driver caches

Try run restorevga script to clear display caches

boot with single user mode [-s] then type . /restorevga

if still no luck try update from 1046

can you post it with cpu spec,

from your screen captured looks like osx failed to find root hd

try run restorevga script to clear driver caches

Hello eGWan!

Thanks for the patcher and your response!

The thing is I am a noob. Can you please tell me how I can update the display from 10.4.6? I tried to put in the install DVD but could not figure it out.

Also, booting in safe mode gives me GUI. Have found that CI and QE are not working (CI/QE were working in 10.4.7) so guess I only need to configure the GMA900. My sound (onboard Realtek) has also stopped working.

Really appreciate all the work you and dedicated ppl like JaS, mifki and all have done to ensure that non-tech users like me can have mac OS X running on my box.

Hi eGWan.

Thanks a lot for the guide.

I have installed the update and all work fine, except one thing.

The system is very very very very slow, like if there is an application that work in background.

I follow this procedure :

1) install Apple combo update 10.4.8 (without reboot)

2) install your patch (i have selected the standar kernel, intel GM950 and laptop battery)

3) removed from System/Library/Extensions IOPCCardFamily.kext

4) reboot the sistem (for 2 time)

After 2nd reboot MacOSX is loading but is impossible to move the mouse (also with the touchpad).

My laptop is a Acer Travelmate 4220 - Intel CORE DUO - 1GB ram - Intel GMA950.

What's the problem ?

here is my panic error... I just realized since it says something about 64bit something, that I might have accidentally installed the AMD something or another.....let me know if thats the issue.

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A2ECF): kernal_trap(0x40e4304) with 64bit state

it does this right after lookcing up loalhose mDNSResponder or whatnot...

thoughts?

Pentium 820D

intel chipset

intel 950 graphics

sigmatel audio

sony vaio desktop

working 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 with your speil. I get a continuous "coreservesd crashed" message after 2nd reboot. IT starts running the crashdump list right after the blue screen w/ cursor comes up. then it pops back to "dos" and just floods....It just keeps going forever and ever, and then eventually says proc: table is full.

am I screwed? help? what other information do you need to help diagnose my problem

Edited by DigitalK

Hello eGWan!

Thanks for the patcher and your response!

The thing is I am a noob. Can you please tell me how I can update the display from 10.4.6? I tried to put in the install DVD but could not figure it out.

Also, booting in safe mode gives me GUI. Have found that CI and QE are not working (CI/QE were working in 10.4.7) so guess I only need to configure the GMA900. My sound (onboard Realtek) has also stopped working.

Really appreciate all the work you and dedicated ppl like JaS, mifki and all have done to ensure that non-tech users like me can have mac OS X running on my box.

hmm fyi original apple 1048 combo update doesnt contain appleintel915kext,

for gma900 i'm using appleintelintegrated framebuffer from 1046 too

if you wanna try to install gma900 driver from 1046 dvd,

you can find it on your 1046 dvd /System/Installation/Packages/

good luck,

Hi eGWan.

Thanks a lot for the guide.

I have installed the update and all work fine, except one thing.

The system is very very very very slow, like if there is an application that work in background.

I follow this procedure :

1) install Apple combo update 10.4.8 (without reboot)

2) install your patch (i have selected the standar kernel, intel GM950 and laptop battery)

3) removed from System/Library/Extensions IOPCCardFamily.kext

4) reboot the sistem (for 2 time)

After 2nd reboot MacOSX is loading but is impossible to move the mouse (also with the touchpad).

My laptop is a Acer Travelmate 4220 - Intel CORE DUO - 1GB ram - Intel GMA950.

What's the problem ?

as i mentioned from the first time,

make sure you make a backup your kext before upgrade

if your touchpad worked on previous version try replacing appps2controller.kext

if you feel you hackmac become slower than before, try enabling udma your hd controller,

so many tutor here to find howto enabling udma

Pentium 820D

intel chipset

intel 950 graphics

sigmatel audio

sony vaio desktop

working 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 with your speil. I get a continuous "coreservesd crashed" message after 2nd reboot. IT starts running the crashdump list right after the blue screen w/ cursor comes up. then it pops back to "dos" and just floods....It just keeps going forever and ever, and then eventually says proc: table is full.

am I screwed? help? what other information do you need to help diagnose my problem

make sure you have selected gma950 driver when upgrade

as i mentioned before, if you get kernel panic try boot with -legacy

Great work!

I had 10.4.6 installed and upgraded to 10.4.8 and did (before restart) your patch.

However it boots into a blue screen wit mouse pointer and just sits there.

I have an Intel D975BX mobo with Core2Duo 2,13Ghz and an ATI x1800 PCIe ...

I used the default kernel, and checked the ATI x1x00 and the ICH8 ... I guess that last one was the mistake.

I was thinking my mobo had ICH8 but in fact it has only ICH7 ...

Safe boot works great, but I don't know which kext to remove ... suggestion?

Also unclear to me how to enable (besides from the AC97 patch) the integrated audio (mobo manual states for Audio: Intel 975X Express Chipset, Intel High Definition Audio codec, 8 channel). That last question just on the side and of no great importance.

Input (and all efforts done by all involved!) greatly appreciated! :)

For those interested, I managed to fix my "Stuck with a blue screen and mouse at boot" problem;

1) Boot in "safe boot" mode (Darwin bootmanager, select Mac OSX partition, type "-x" and press enter)

2) Download the universal NATIT pacth here : http://www.installers.dl.am/ (make sure you download it to a local disk, installation from a network share didn't work for me)

3) Install the patch/update/driver (suitable for ATI and nVidia videocards)

4) Reboot into Mac (normal mode)

And all works fine. I have dual screen working as well (right away) -- ATI X1800GTO PCIe ...

Thanks guys for this great update patch! Awesome!

And thanks to the guys from NATIT: awesome as well!

@speddish; wish I could help, but am a newbie myself.

On my desktop 10.4.6 (HOTISO version) installed smoothly.

The update gave me only issues (see posting up here) with the blue screen at startup.

For people to be able to help you, you will need to elaborate a little bit more on what is going wrong ...

ok, after install 10.4.8 combo update from apple, patched the system with eGWan patch (tried with semthex and mifki) but even get a kernel panic at reboot. The message were about an error with BCM440 (ethernet adapter). as said my laptop work great with 10.4.6 (only intel wlan doesn't work).

Hope this data are usefull and someone can help

@speddish; did you try a "Safe Boot" (at the Darwin Bootmanager, use -x to boot)?

I had to do that and find me the right drivers for the video ... so I guess that would be my way to get in the Hackintosh and try to fix the kext for your videocard (search elsewhere in this forum) ...

I've tried even with -x and with the restorevga option but no fortune... the kernel panic seems to be caused from the ethernet driver and i've found a replacement for this in a thread in this forum. trying this way else think I'll be a 10.4.6 user.....

ok, all went well, upgraded to 10.4.8, Great work egwan and co., but now my microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard, are extremely laggy, and any other usb mouse/keyboard. PS2 doesnt work?? Any body got any ideas?