[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.5

111 posts in this topic

Now that Sonoma is on the brink of final release, I have now taken the step to use it as my daily driver just as I did with Ventura and others before.

In my setup, I had 3 instances of Apple OS, Ventura, Monterey and Sonoma all on their respective Drives plus Windows 11.

Sonoma was installed on a test SSD drive and treated as such whilst Ventura was the daily driver and Monterey was a fall back just incase.

At this stage of Sonoma, I felt confident enough to clean install Sonoma on an M.2 drive and remove the ones with Ventura and Monterey thus dual booting Sonoma and Windows.

I spent most of the day replacing all my software, testing and making sure there was no conflict with my programs.

So hopefully going forward I am all set for macOS 18.0 (in June!!!) or is this a case of wishful thinking? :lol:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-05-04at22_46_59.thumb.png.a7fa768262c26640996c7bd01e48c680.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Her it is, EFI Folder without serials an my wifi/bluetooth card is a Fenvi T-919

Forgive me but is that correct, no VirtualSMC.kext, no SMCProcessor or is that all tied into the fact you are using a DSDT.aml in the ACPI Folder

instead of SSDT?

Personally I would use Windows (if you're dual booting) to dump my DSDT and build all the SSDT files my machine needs and go from there.

I maybe wrong here but your problem could be from the DSDT file you are using unless it was specifically built for your rig by @MaLd0n.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

@MorenoAv I'll continue to look, but I noticed immediately that IOSkywalkFamily.kext is version 1.0.  Do you need v1.1.0 from here?

Also, are you using OCLP 1.4.3?

EDIT: The newer IOSkywalkFamily.kext doesn't appear to have proper version numbering, so you may only be able to distinguish by the file size.  Your current version is on the left. The newer version is on the right.

Screenshot2024-05-05at10_50_08AM.png.1c1a114d01d74c7e2fac4678dbe007a0.png

EDIT2: After an additional quick look, I don't see anything else wrong. One thing I noticed that you may want to look at (probably not related to Wi-Fi):

• You use your own custom DSDT, but don't RebaseRegions or NormalizeHeaders.  I switched to hot-patching and no longer replace the DSDT, but when I did manually patch my DSDT, I was enabling OC's RebaseRegions and NormalizeHeaders.
    Spoiler

Screenshot2024-05-05at10_57_23AM.png.1096c962054fcc06812c3cf4a3e1699e.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Thanks for your observations, @deeveedee and @eSaF,

Yes my DSDT.aml was made for me by @MaLd0n, and until I decided to update my OpenCore from 0.9.9 to 1.0.0 all hell broke loose and I lost wifi.

@deeveedee before I had wifi and didn't use RebaseRegions or NormalizeHeaders and wifi worked, after using OCLP.

Yes I'm using OCLP 1.4.3

Please replace the iosky... kext in EFI with This

Concerning Win, are you still having problems boot it from OC?

I assume you have an emergency USB, if you don't have one, create it
Then boot Win from ( OC ) it , after disabling the Dsdt from the plist... if it boot you now know where the problem is

Edited by Anto65
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1