AnV XNU 14.0.0 legacy kernel (V3)

10 posts in this topic

I have built the very first kernel.

It is fully supported.

Patch is included.

EDIT: I have used the latest patch and have recreated the kernel.

Also included is the BootKernelExtensions.kc file.

EDIT2: New version based on Shanee's patch.

XNU-14.0.0-AnV_R3.zip

Edited by Andy Vandijck
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Andy Vandijck said:

I have built the very first kernel.

It is fully supported.

Patch is included.

XNU-14.0.0-AnV.zip 12 MB · 8 downloads

Hello Andy,

The compiler flags need to be expanded in your code to ensure that older K8 and K10 processors without native support for SSSE3, SSE4.1, and SSE4.2 are handled correctly.

e.g.:
CFLAGS_RELEASEX86_64 = -O2 -march=k8 -mno-ssse3 -mno-sse3

to:
e.g.:
CFLAGS_RELEASEX86_64 = -O2 -march=k8 -mno-ssse3 -mno-sse3 -mno-sse4.1 -mno-sse4.2

These flags disable the use of the mentioned instruction sets during compilation. This ensures that your code can run on older processors that do not support these instruction sets.

I hope very much that you have achieved this milestone. I can only begin testing over the weekend when the replacement hardware arrives.

Said

Edit:

I'm currently compiling a High Sierra kernel with your new emulator for a user who has similar hardware to mine. I hope he has positive feedback

• Like 3

It was a bit of work to compile Andy's code for High Sierra, but it finally worked out in the end. According to Andy, 

all the CPUs listed below should run with it:

Older Intel Processors:

FAMILY_PENTIUM_4:  

All older Intel Pentium 4 processors (Desktop).

FAMILY_PENTIUM_M:  

All older mobile Intel Pentium M processors (Laptop).

INTEL_PENRYN:  

All older Intel processors with 45-nanometer microarchitecture.

Older AMD Processors:

AMD K8 (Ext.Family 0x0f = 15): 

All older AMD K8 processors with 64-bit processor technology (such as Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, and Opteron).

AMD K10 (Ext.Family 0x10 = 16; Ext.Family 0x12 = 18): 

All AMD K10 processors with 64-bit processor technology (such as AMD Phenom and Athlon X2/X4 series).

Newer AMD Processors:

AMD APU (Ext.Family 0x6 = 6; Ext.Family 0x14 = 20; Ext.Family 0x15 = 21) 

AMD APU Athlon 5350 (Ext.Family 0x16 = 22): 

All newer AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), including the AMD APU Athlon 5350. These are a combination of 

CPU and GPU cores on a single chip for desktops, laptops, and embedded systems.

Newer AMD Ryzen Processors:

AMD Ryzen (0x17 = 23): 

All AMD Ryzen processors of the latest generation of AMD desktop processors based on the Zen microarchitecture.

Additionally, the XNU CPU Power Management (xcpm) has been integrated into the kernel to optimize the performance 

and energy efficiency of the CPUs. I hope this kernel works well and you have positive experiences with it.

Please provide the test results here along with your hardware specifications and whether the kernel works or not. 

Use text, images, or video material so that the programmers can address them accordingly.

Attached are the amd kernel for High Sierra 10.13.6 along with the System.kext

xnu-4570.71.2-AMD-ALL-AnV-2024.zip

• Like 3

Hello, it would be interesting to have a High Sierra image with this kernel or some toturial on how to do it so you can test

thanks for any solution

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

Hello, it would be interesting to have a High Sierra image with this kernel or some toturial on how to do it so you can test

thanks for any solution

We are not here to facilitate illegal downloads. Installing an image through legal download of an installer from the Apple Store is a) free and b) relatively easy to handle. Specifically on YouTube, there are numerous informative videos from our users that describe setting up the USB installer, which can be created either through a Hackintosh or MacOS, as well as through the Windows operating system. There is also an informative video by Shaneee that explains the process very well.

Edit:

Furthermore, you can clone an already installed image onto an external hard drive from a Macintosh or a Hackintosh using "Carbon Copy Cloner" or "SuperDuper" app.

Then, you can install the bootloader such as Enoch, Clover, or OpenCore Bootloader.

The AMD kernel is placed in System/Library/Kernels/ and the System.kext is placed in System/Library/Extensions, overwriting the existing System.kext.

After that, you can refresh the prelinked kernel and the cache.

To repair the Prelinked Kernel and Kernel Cache on an external hard drive and renew the permissions, you can use the following Terminal commands:

1. To update the Prelinked Kernel:
Terminal Code:

sudo rm /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
sudo touch /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD

2. To update the Kernel Cache:
Terminal Code:

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
sudo kextcache -i /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD

3. To repair the permissions:
Terminal Code:

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD

Please make sure to specify the correct hard drive in the commands by replacing "/Volumes/High-Sierra_HD" with the actual name of your external hard drive. Also, these commands need to be executed with administrator privileges, so you may be prompted for your password.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, spakk said:

Nous ne sommes pas là pour faciliter les téléchargements illégaux. L'installation d'une image via le téléchargement légal d'un programme d'installation depuis l'Apple Store est a) gratuite et b) relativement simple à gérer. Plus précisément sur YouTube, il existe de nombreuses vidéos informatives de nos utilisateurs qui décrivent la configuration du programme d'installation USB, qui peut être créé via un Hackintosh ou MacOS, ainsi que via le système d'exploitation Windows. Il existe également une vidéo informative de Shaneee qui explique très bien le processus.

Modifier :

De plus, vous pouvez cloner une image déjà installée sur un disque dur externe depuis un Macintosh ou un Hackintosh en utilisant l'application "Carbon Copy Cloner" ou "SuperDuper".

Ensuite, vous pouvez installer le chargeur de démarrage tel que Enoch, Clover ou OpenCore Bootloader.

Le noyau AMD est placé dans System/Library/Kernels/ et System.kext est placé dans System/Library/Extensions, écrasant ainsi le System.kext existant.

Après cela, vous pouvez actualiser le noyau pré-lié et le cache.

Pour réparer le noyau pré-lié et le cache du noyau sur un disque dur externe et renouveler les autorisations, vous pouvez utiliser les commandes de terminal suivantes :

1. Pour mettre à jour le noyau prélié :
code du terminal :

2. Pour mettre à jour le cache du noyau :
code du terminal :

3. Pour réparer les autorisations :
Code Terminal :

Assurez-vous de spécifier le bon disque dur dans les commandes en remplaçant "/Volumes/High-Sierra_HD" par le nom réel de votre disque dur externe. De plus, ces commandes doivent être exécutées avec des privilèges d'administrateur, vous pouvez donc être invité à saisir votre mot de passe.

Thanks 

46 minutes ago, spakk said:

We are not here to facilitate illegal downloads. Installing an image through legal download of an installer from the Apple Store is a) free and b) relatively easy to handle. Specifically on YouTube, there are numerous informative videos from our users that describe setting up the USB installer, which can be created either through a Hackintosh or MacOS, as well as through the Windows operating system. There is also an informative video by Shaneee that explains the process very well.

Edit:

Furthermore, you can clone an already installed image onto an external hard drive from a Macintosh or a Hackintosh using "Carbon Copy Cloner" or "SuperDuper" app.

Then, you can install the bootloader such as Enoch, Clover, or OpenCore Bootloader.

The AMD kernel is placed in System/Library/Kernels/ and the System.kext is placed in System/Library/Extensions, overwriting the existing System.kext.

To repair the Prelinked Kernel and Kernel Cache on an external hard drive and renew the permissions, you can use the following Terminal commands:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

Please make sure to specify the correct hard drive in the commands by replacing "/Volumes/High-Sierra_HD" with the actual name of your external hard drive. Also, these commands need to be executed with administrator privileges, so you may be prompted for your password.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 6:31 AM, spakk said:

Edit:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

After replaced your AMD's Kernel and System.kext in previously working Intel partition of 10.13.6 there are three errors following your procedures:

sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/my_HS ---> failed to rebuild prelinkedkernel

sudo kextcache -i /Volumes/my_HS ---> failed to rebuild prelinkedkernel

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/my_HS  ---> no such an command in diskutil

When I try to boot my_HS by Enoch 2921 with -f it always got automatic reboot !

On 4/5/2024 at 12:31 AM, spakk said:

Edit:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

Terminal Code:

Last login: Sun Apr  7 18:45:00 on ttys000
pg7@MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo rm /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Password:
rm: /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel: No such file or directory
kextcache -u /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD
kmutil rebuild done
pg7@MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo rm -rf /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
kextcache -i /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD
kmutil rebuild done
pg7@MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/High-Sierra_HD
diskutil: did not recognize verb "repairPermissions"; type "diskutil" for a list
pg7@MacBook-Pro ~ % 

3 hours ago, jalavoui said:

Andy can you share your build script ?

The diff file is located in the zip file