[Release] Sonoma 14.4.1

64 posts in this topic

Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224) Update completed no worries. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-25at22_03_39.png.aee760140124ae7a31c3cc6fcc9219a4.png

4 hours ago, Antonuccio said:

( OCLP 1.4.3 nightly still works 🙃 )

If you're using OCLP Nightly version, you may as well update that to latest version.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-25at22_06_57.png.3d738ba3ea6e4d3a98ebab801c165216.png

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

@eSaF https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

I think you're a few commits behind They had continued until 1.5 went back... latest commit bbc8902 now 1.3 🤷

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/8326849351

But you made me doubt...I'll check 😂

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I confirm you are one commit behind

520c922  " Fix last "

... once the app is opened it shows 1.5

But the last commit is as I wrote before bbc8902
" Add non-Metal support for macOS 14.4 " ... once the app is opened it shows 1.3

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

image.png.30df887144e7d3003b21fbd0528150ff.png

OTA Update works but tested with Restrict Events compiled by Lorys and Compiled normally, both kexts not works, until im disable IntelBTpatcher and IntelBluetoothFixup  WI-FI 6 Card AX 210 on Lenovo 

Thanks my friends!! 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

If you receive the update notifications RE works, but if it fails to install  the update, the problem is another , like  BT or wifi kexts , SBM ... same thing for me on Ventura

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last login: Tue Mar 26 07:18:14 on ttys001
(base) pico@Picos-iMac-Pro ~ % sw_vers
ProductName:        macOS
ProductVersion:        14.4.1
BuildVersion:        23E224
(base) pico@Picos-iMac-Pro ~ % nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version

4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version    REL-100-2024-03-12
(base) pico@Picos-iMac-Pro ~ %

• Like 3

Well, thanks to @Antonuccio, I was able to install 14.4.1.  Until I read his post, it was not working (failed at the "preparing to install" stage several times).  I disabled wifi and bluetooth and then it installed.  SBM is currently disabled.

However, I can say that this version of macOS is not very good.  Deleting and copying files via the GUI is a nightmare - they just don't complete.  I've had to resort to cp -R.  And even on my M1 Macbook, one time, shortly after the final reboot, the login screen came up in a foreign language (my native tongue is english).  Then on that machine, all my photos were all screwed up.

I've become more and more familiar with Activity Monitor as tasks seem to hang often.

And, just now, I've had a Finder hang (only recourse is a finder restart, but even then that doesn't always work and this time, I had to cold reboot).

Edited by meg2014
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted my 14.4.1 status here.  Not using OCLP or itlwm.  Needed to set SecureBootModel = Disabled for the 14.4 -> 14.4.1 upgrade.  Restored SecureBootModel=Default after upgrade complete.  Upgrade with no issues.

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Posted my 14.4.1 status here.  Not using OCLP or itlwm.  Needed to set SecureBootModel = Disabled for the 14.4 -> 14.4.1 upgrade.  Restored SecureBootModel=Default after upgrade complete.  Upgrade with no issues.

Why do you set Default? Because Acidanthera said the nonsense two years ago?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I agree, although I do use OCLP, my setting for that and SIP is always Disabled so that Incremental Updates are offered instead of Full Updates.

Having these two as Disabled does not hamper the operation of Sonoma or Ventura and Monterey residing on their respective Drives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I agree

Ok.  Maybe you can enlighten me, too.

33 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Ok.  Maybe you can enlighten me, too.

My friend it's like I said, I use OCLP for my Broadcom Card and found by sheer chance I do not have to have SecureBootModel set back to Default or SIP Enabled.

I just revert the Patches, reboot, clean NvRAM and the Incremental download is offered.

With the Machine still in SBM disabled and SIP disabled, the Update is installed without any problems whatsoever.

After the Install, I reboot, check all is well and then reapply OCLP Patching.

Job done. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

@eSaF My car still starts if I don't use my seatbelts.  I don't get why people use their seatbelts.

EDIT: Ok, that was a snarky reply.  Sorry.  macOS incremental updates are only broken if you have OCLP post-install patches applied.  You should have seen over at MacRumors that users are keeping SecureBootModel=Disabled and SIP partially disabled just like you.  If you revert OCLP post-install patches while keeping SIP partially disabled and SBM=Disabled, incremental updates still work on many Macs (and hacks).  That is well known.

I'm trying to encourage the conversation away from "it works, so it must be ok" to "what are the security implications of setting SecureBootModel=Disabled vs. Default"?

Edited by deeveedee