[hackintosh, WORKING] ASUS ROG STRIX G513QM RYZEN 9 5900HX WITH VEGA, BOOTING ON VENTURA 13.6

neither

6 posts in this topic

Hello there ! I just wanted to share my build for this particular Asus ROG model and might as well share to people that now AMD iGPUs on a Hackintosh are possible !

General Spec:

AMD RYZEN 9 5900HX

AMD RADEON VEGA 8

WIFI/BT - MT7921

AUDIO - ALC285

ETHERNET - RTL8111

I haven't really explored but here's what's CLEARLY not working:

WIFI

BLUETOOTH

CONTINUITY-FANCY APPLE ECOSYSTEM FEATURES (SideCar possible, but no sign bcs the wifi card is not supported, it detects my iPad Pro M1 on the displays settings-connected with USB)

SOME WORKAROUNDS:

UMAF - I SET THE VRAM TO 3 GB

Discord voice and screen streams are not possible at first, but thanks to a patch I found on GitHub, it works.

image.thumb.png.7b109269160c2cb338a097d4eabdd1f6.png

I will attach my efi folder without the config here, please do understand what u are doing with your laptop and figure things out yourself.

I'm still working on finding kexts for the wifi and I still haven't got to set up the sleep mode for this setup bcs its too much work and I'd rather have this not sleep at all.

and maybe I'm gonna change my wifi card to bcm94360ng :))

good luck with ur rig yuHHH

EFI 2.zip

Edited by neither
add more details
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 2:42 PM, neither said:

Hello there ! I just wanted to share my build for this particular Asus ROG model and might as well share to people that now AMD iGPUs on a Hackintosh are possible !

General Spec:

AMD RYZEN 9 5900HX

AMD RADEON VEGA 8

WIFI/BT - MT7921

AUDIO - ALC285

ETHERNET - RTL8111

WIFI

BLUETOOTH

CONTINUITY-FANCY APPLE ECOSYSTEM FEATURES (SideCar possible, but no sign bcs the wifi card is not supported, it detects my iPad Pro M1 on the displays settings-connected with USB)

SOME WORKAROUNDS:

Discord voice and screen streams are not possible at first, but thanks to a patch I found on GitHub, it works.

I will attach my efi folder without the config here, please do understand what u are doing with your laptop and figure things out yourself.

I'm still working on finding kexts for the wifi and I still haven't got to set up the sleep mode for this setup bcs its too much work and I'd rather have this not sleep at all.

EFI 2.zip 4.37 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, add please config.plist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:42 PM, neither said:

General Spec:

AMD RYZEN 9 5900HX

AMD RADEON VEGA 8

WIFI/BT - MT7921

AUDIO - ALC285

ETHERNET - RTL8111

WIFI

BLUETOOTH

SOME WORKAROUNDS:

cluster rush

EFI 2.zip 4.37 MB · 12 downloads

Hello, have you found the wifi kext for wifi yet? I've been tinkering around for the past week but still haven't found a suitable solution. As a newbie in this field, I would like to receive advice from you.

Edited by disneywishe

43 minutes ago, disneywishe said:

Hello, have you found the wifi kext for wifi yet? I've been tinkering around for the past week but still haven't found a suitable solution. As a newbie in this field, I would like to receive advice from you.

OP WiFi uses MediaTek which won't work on macOS. You'll need a compatible Broadcom card ( using OCLP if running Sonoma ) Or compatible Intel WiFi using itlwm.