Integrated web cam not working

SavageAUS

9 posts in this topic

Hey all. I have a dell latitude 14 3410 and I swear the camera used to work but I just went to test it today and I cannot see it.

It is shown in Winblows as a USB camera but I cannot see it all in macOS Sonoma.

Have I done something wrong?

I am going to try Ventura in a few minutes to see if it is Sonoma related or config related.

Not showing or working in Ventura.

config.plist

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 5:00 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Remap the USB ports in Windows and make sure the Web Cam is mapped correctly.

Thank you sir.

I used USBToolBox in windows now all is working again including using iPhone as camera.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.5e3f873227d8973cc3b823dc599191a7.png

I have the same problem in my system. However, my problem was unfortunately not solved. I did USB Mapping separately on Windows and Hack, but I could not reach any solution in vain. I share the error and Camera information I received below.

I also can't use the iPhone camera wirelessly, it just works wired.

@Cyberdevs, @SavageAUS

image.png.21279ce318b301c8dcfe53701868c3f0.png

Error Description: No Video FaceTime couldn't get any video from the connected camera. Re-hosting your computer may fix the issue.

image.png.d54b7141d18a5253a2c8509906abe139.png

Thanks for help.

Edited by HyperX7
  • Like 1

Hi @HyperX7 I hope help with a suggestion. Are you can try use another USB Cam, like your iPhone or something? Like Savage said, maybe SSDT Reset is for open All ports and maybe cause conflict. 

You can use a method to compile your USB RHUB extracted with Opencore Debug or simple use Hackintool. 

I recorded one video about compilation our SSDT-RHUB extracted from Hackintool or OC Debug, very simple to understand and get better mapping ports, and you still need use UsbToolBox to mapping. 

You just need find your SSDT that have RHUB ports. Like im shoe in video. Depends of your hardware, the name extracted change. You need check that. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d0a7dbaa900d4fa8a232c1b80b453370.png

Spoiler

image.png.379c6b6fc4e60a4775cd791973255908.png

My video:

Compile your SSDT-RHUB to better performance USB 3.0 in MacOs and Hackintosh build. 

Spoiler

Edited by Max.1974

@SavageAUS

I canceled the USB-Reset.aml file boot, but there were no changes to the camera. I keep getting the error "No Video FaceTime couldn't get any video from the connected camera. Re-hosting your computer may fix the issue".

@Max.1974 

Thank you very much for your suggestions, also for the nice video. However, due to the difference in language, I could not fully understand. I would be very pleased if there is such a written document or a guide. Or alternatively, if I share my ACPI files with you, is there a possibility that you can make the SSDT-RHUB file?

https://disk.yandex.com/d/qtX2IeTPT6KuXA