5 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Just managed to get opencore fully working on a first gen x1 carbon thinkpad. Everything works great like wifi, bluetooth, trackpad, keyboard and even the digitizer! 

Only problem is, is that sleep is a little doddy (although it will actually go to sleep when the lid is closed, the ThinkPad LED on the back and the powerbutton on the Keyboard stay in the "breathing" sleep phase even though the laptop is on and fully functioning) and audio will simply refuse to work, no matter which codec I use.

I've done some research and patched CPU Power Management and used SSDTTime to patch IRQ conficts with SSDT-HPET and backlight. It's honestly confusing as everything should work but i'm blaming these two majior issues on an IRQ conflict issue. 

Anybody got any ideas? Seems strange to me... Then again i'm no SSDT/ACPI expert. I'm probably missing something. 

Waiting for your reply!

Thanks, Bezzzles!

Edited by bezzzles
Fully solved thanks to the wonderful community.

So, I've managed to fix it. I ended up sort of just giving up on AppleALC and resorting to the much hated Voodoohda. The sound quality was utter bs so some kext editing was required. Basically forced it to go through a Virtual Audio Device named "Blackhole 16h" in order to get crisper sound quality. While it is pretty dodgy, it's ok if you're not the type of person to restart a machine every night (which I'm not). It just takes resetting the NVRAM and reinstalling the kext to System Extensions in order for it to function fully again. AppleALC would probably work if I spent countless hours more doing SSDT patches, trying different versions of the kext and inputting every layout id under the sun but simply don't have the time. 

Do note that if you're a security freak SIP (or System Integrity Protection) is required to stay off at all times. Pretty sure it only really works on real Macs with a T2 chip but anyhoo. Just a heads up.

Hope this sort of helps anyone in the same odd situation. Heres the link to the guide that I followed: https://github.com/yahgoo/installVoodooHDA4BSnMont - It has about a 70% chance of working and like everything Hackintosh related takes many attempts and a little patience. Really odd that this works fine sometimes but other times simply refuses to even register the audio chip. 

Read this article to solve intermittent Voodoohda problems on boot (AppleHDADisabler.kext also needed). 

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 16.10.30.png

Edited by bezzzles
Working without intermittence.
  • Like 1