Dell Latitude 3410 voodooi2c

SavageAUS

4 posts in this topic

Good afternoon.

I have acquired a dell latitude 3410 and have Ventura installed and everything except touchpad is working. I can get it working in “mouse” mode but have not got touchpad preferences. Any help is appreciated and I can post anything required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All modern Dell laptops I've seen use I2C HID trackpads. Sometimes these trackpads are connected over PS/2 and can operate as a basic PS/2 mouse, which may be what is happening here. I would make sure VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad are disabled.
Couple things to check:
1) Is VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID being injected? Check "kextstat | grep -i voodoo" to make sure all the Voodoo kexts are injected.
2) Are you getting any logging from VoodooI2C? The easiest way I've found is to use "sudo dmesg | grep -i i2c" in terminal after setting "msgbuf=1048576" in boot-args. The "log" command can miss quite a bit during the boot process.

Dell Latitude 3410 should have Comet Lake CPU, for sure it has I2C Trackpad, make sure you have SSDT-XOSI + rename in config.plist and VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext , boot as I wrote you and run ioreg and attach it here.