Clover and Ventura

PliSsK

11 posts in this topic

What do I need to implement to get Clover working with Ventura? I am currently running Clover with Catalina and haven't managed to get it working with Big Sur or Monterey using the suggested Quirks or the Quirks in config file that comes with the Clover downloads. TIA! Yes I have tried installing OC but it was too complicated. 😞 I got half way through it but got stuck.

9 hours ago, Allan said:

Put this EFI folder on a usb stick, and try boot Ventura

It fails at this IOUSBHost Interface step, it freezes then get the crossed out circle symbol and screen and text went fuzzy. I got the same symbol after hanging when booting up Ventura USB Installer with my existing EFI. Should I try pasting in the quirks from Olarilla EFI config into my existing Clover 5150 config file?

DSCN6806.JPG

DSCN6805.JPG

Edited by PliSsK

16 hours ago, PliSsK said:

What do I need to implement to get Clover working with Ventura? I am currently running Clover with Catalina and haven't managed to get it working with Big Sur or Monterey using the suggested Quirks or the Quirks in config file that comes with the Clover downloads. TIA! Yes I have tried installing OC but it was too complicated. 😞 I got half way through it but got stuck.

Clover is working with Ventura

image.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PliSsK said:

It fails at this IOUSBHost Interface step, it freezes then get the crossed out circle symbol and screen and text went fuzzy. I got the same symbol after hanging when booting up Ventura USB Installer with my existing EFI. Should I try pasting in the quirks from Olarilla EFI config into my existing Clover 5150 config file?

DSCN6806.JPG

DSCN6805.JPG

You can do the test 😃

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PliSsK said:

DSCN6806.JPG

DSCN6805.JPG

Change the USB port. Put it in a 2.0

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:49 PM, JorgeMax said:

Change the USB port. Put it in a 2.0

I put all the Quirks from the Clover 5151 config file into my config file, and dragged over a few relevant kexts from the olarila EFI (I already had the USBInjectAll.kext and other up to date kexts to prepare for Big Sur - I never managed to create a USB SSDT for this machine), and when plugging the USB stick into the front I/O 2.0 port, I was able to boot up from the Ventura Install USB.

Installing it and running the installer entry in clover resulted in there being a bootable Ventura recovery entry and a non-bootable Preboot entry (it boots up but then has an error and restarts). I tried the same procedure for Monterey with the same result. Any suggestions? I could try installing either OS from the installer in Applications directly rather than from USB but I hear it will likely have the same result. I could try to show you the error that occurs during the Preboot.

I attach disk utility images. Catalina DU doesn't like the main OS volumes for Ventura and Monterey but the Ventura DU shows them as fine and I repaired them with first aid although they showed no errors. So it seems the inability to boot from them with Clover is related to something else. I tried booting up from the Olarila Clover and that had the same problem, no boot entry for Ventura or Monterey but preboot and recovery entries for them.

2023-01-25_08-50-45.png

2023-01-25_09-26-10.png

2023-01-25_09-27-50.png

DSCN6874.JPG

Edited by PliSsK

On 1/25/2023 at 6:16 PM, Slice said:

You'd better to save all your data and format the drive completely including new partition table. APFS may lead to spagetti partitions.

Thanks. Somehow it started working just now, both OSes boot up fine using the Preboot entries from my main Clover. Thanks for all the help! I think what happened when i tried booting up the preboot entries for Mont and Vent is that they were still installing and needed to restart several times. I installed Monterey onto Catalina and it all worked fine, and i thought i'd download the 13.2 installer but it automatically installed it without asking me lol...ok I could live with that as my daily driver until I discovered it won't detect my external drives, so i will follow your earlier advice and wipe the file system and reinstall it and then copy over a clone of my catalina then update it to Monterey.

Edited by PliSsK