Farewell

Pavo

8 posts in this topic

I have decided to hang my hackintosh hat up. It’s just not enjoyable anymore. I feel that the community has became divided and not working towards a common goal or direction anymore. Automation is 100% doable but frowned upon for some reason. It’s been fun, hope you all continue to enjoy the benefits of running macOS on non-Apple hardware as I have over the past decade. It’s been fun.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 14

Thanks for all of your contributions to the community.  I figure I'll ride this train into the sunset or until its last stop.  What's your alternative?  Windows?  An overpriced Mac?  Overly-complicated Linux? The lack of meaningful options keeps me here.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Pavo said:

I have decided to hang my hackintosh hat up.

Very sorry to see you go but personally I feel  you're correct about the devision in a once great community which is very sad. Going forward I wish you and your's all the very best for the future.

• Like 5

@Pavo

I'll miss you, a very hackintosh expert. It's true that the community is now divided (in part this forum has not managed well some issues with some users) but most of devs and users are working towards OC (and OCLP), I can see this as a way to go " towards a common goal or direction". Anyway, don't leave to us completely, many users have get benefit of your contributions. Best wishes.

• Like 5

@Pavo Sorry to  see you go, I'm sorta in the same boat as you.

I've been here for 15 years, and now (semi) retired

We certainly have seen some big changes in the hackintosh community

Gone from the chameleon days to Clover/Opencore, man what a trip.

All the best 

I was a bit premature

still frequent here

• Like 4