Intel Wireless problem with Itlwm

CloverLeaf

23 posts in this topic

Hello! I am using my HP EliteDesk (from the signature) last few months under Big Sur and now Monterey 12.6 equiped with Intel 8260NGW card. Both wifi and bluetooth worked perfectly until yesterday. I didn't change or update anything. Turned on my computer and HeliPort says "itlwm is not running". Fast kext check in terminal shows that the kext is loaded correctly. Both HeliPort and itlwm.kext are updated to the latest versions. Tried older versions - same result. Tried clean Big Sur and Monterey install - same result. Ventura - same result. Bluetooth works. Any help is appreciated. 

image.png.7f7dc584e031af443cdc638a01be6e00.png

EFI 0C 0.8.4

@Jazzoo Here are some things to check:

• Antenna's are properly and securely connected (don't force any of the tiny connections - they should snap into place).  Note that the designed life of the antenna connectors on the Wi-Fi card supports only a small number of connect/disconnect before the connections are not as reliable (I think it might be as low as 30 times).  Never force these connections and don't connect/disconnect them unless absolutely necessary
  • Check this issue
  • Wi-Fi card is properly seated on the motherboard
  • Try manually unloading / loading itlwm.kext after booting.  Does the card's behavior change?

It's more likely a software problem. With AirportItlwm.kext everything works without any problems at the moment. I need more time to test if it's realible in long term. Besides that I already did all the steps mentioned. I installed Windows 11 (with No TPM/Secure Boot check) on a spare SSD and wifi/bt works perfectly. This is really really strange...

@Jazzoo I happened to be looking at itlwm and noticed that there are different kexts for each version of macOS.  This is probably a dumb question since you know more about itlwm than I do, but are you certain that you are using the correct version of itlwm for the version of macOS that you are testing?

Spoiler

1203803319_ScreenShot2022-10-02at6_46_21AM.png.c55a3b2443dbc69edb77ce48e37f1b38.png

@deeveedee - Yes, I've tested all three operating systems Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura with the appropriate kexts for them and... no luck. I can't complain now since AirportItlwm.kext works well without the need of any additional software like HeliPort. I have the same 75/75 U/D speeds so I am happy with my hack :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@Jazzoo

My BT stop working (wifi correctly working)

I have an Intel 8260NGW

I sow that my Bios has lost the specific mac settings so I remade it following the guide in the thread Helitedesk 800 G5 mini (but I haven't find all the settings in the guide)

My MacOS is Monterey

What should I do to debug ?

my config.plist attached

Thank You for help

config.plist

Edited by Stefano Pugliese

• 6 months later...

Has anybody tried AirportOpenBSD?

I was thinking about upgrading to Ventura but I was unsure about what version should I use for my WiFi card (Intel 9560NGW) - the guys at github.com/OpenIntelWireless left their latest release updated to Jan 1, 2022 and still has no official compatibility with macOS 13 (Ventura)

Has anybody tried AirportOpenBSD?

I was thinking about upgrading to Ventura but I was unsure about what version should I use for my WiFi card (Intel 9560NGW) - the guys at github.com/OpenIntelWireless left their latest release updated to Jan 1, 2022 and still has no official compatibility with macOS 13 (Ventura)
Intel 9560 is not stable in Ventura. Random restarts and system freezes. If you want to upgrade to Ventura go for 8260/8265 with the appropriate kexts for Ventura. Best option is BCM94360NG. Depends on where you live, you can find it as cheaper as 35$.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 10/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, deeveedee said:

@Jazzoo I happened to be looking at itlwm and noticed that there are different kexts for each version of macOS.  This is probably a dumb question since you know more about itlwm than I do, but are you certain that you are using the correct version of itlwm for the version of macOS that you are testing?

Reveal hidden contents

1203803319_ScreenShot2022-10-02at6_46_21AM.png.c55a3b2443dbc69edb77ce48e37f1b38.png

Monterey itlwmkext works with Ventura no problems here

Edited by STLVNUB

8086, 2725, 8086, 0024, Intel Corporation, Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz

BluTooth Works On Monterey BUT not In Ventura

Edited by STLVNUB