A Guide to 8.8.1 SSE2

mcfresh

31 posts in this topic

ok, guys having the about this mac crashing problem, all you need to do is to replace the loginwindow with an earlier version....

then repair permissions... and thats it... it works for me.... i replaced with the one from 10.4.6.....

I've done everything, load the maxxuss_sse kernel and it says Kernel overflow space or something, think there's too less space left with all the files I downloaded, but can't get into my OSX86 anymore now, it can't load the ACPIPlatform extension file. Trying to make another install now.

Edit: Though there's 3.3GB space left on the HDD. Someone can tell me what I did wrong? The only thing I notice through these guidelines was that I couldn't find one of the two files I had to delete in the extensions folder (IOPCCardFamily.kext if I'm not mistaken).

Hey, thanks for the tutorial, I am almost there...

HOWEVER, I am having problems with the GUI. First off, I followed everything you said. I am ALMOST there, however, it goes through all the Darwin boot stuff, brings me to the plain blue background with only your mouse showing, and freezes there... it won't go all the way into the GUI, or something. Anyone have a solution to this?

P.S -- I CAN boot into single-user mode... just get stuck with a blue background on the GUI.

Using JaS AMD SSE2 10.4.8 + Semthex Beta9 Kernel Combo (BETA)

Login gets stuck at Blue Screen

(Edit : Due to Titan.kext, Found that after deleting Titan.kext boot to GUI was successfull)

Able to Full GUI boot same installation in

VMWare

Safe Mode (-x)

--------------------

Update :

Now need to find why Titan.kext does not work..