Monterey freeze with HD4400

ANONIMNIQ

61 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

I don't have other OS in this machine, is it possible from Opencore? or from USB Clover?

Yes, from USB Clover. Boot it on the computer up to GUI, then press F4.

You may find all your origin ACPI tables in the folder .../EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/

@ANONIMNIQ Hello there! I reviewed both EFI-configs you've shared on this thread and both have issues with ACPI config. Why SSDT for USBX?  It's intended for Skylake and above; you need SSDT-EC for Haswell.

The "raw" DSDT you shared above has syntax errors while compiling. I took the liberty to help fix these errors + some corrections to your EFI config. Please test EFI attached below and report back.

EFI.zip

Edited by aben
EFI upload

5 hours ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

@aben btw this is my latest working EFI (boot but have freezes in settings and some folders and apps - even more when I update my system BIOS) - I don't have SSDT for USBX in it. When boot from USB without graphic acceleration I don't have freezes.

SOME UPDATES in this efi folder

EFI 01.zip

Avoid a bunch of non-sense SSDTs if u have all into DSDT, SSDT is just a easy way to people with no knowledge and just inject things into DSDT

check video patch. i think this problem is that. if freeze don't appear with -igfxvesa this is a proof.

@aben Thank you for your hard work! Sadly, still can't boot. I send email to the author of the patch, but still no response from him.

@MaLd0n It boots with EFI you send me, but freeze when I try to click anywhere - desktop, dock, menu bar.

what you suggested me to change in video patch?

3 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

use this efi folder with -igfxvesa and save one ioreg

EFI Rescue.zip 4.52 MB · 0 downloads

https://olarila.com/files/Utils/IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

u tried bigsur and same problem appear?

It works ok without freezes with -igfxvesa  with first EFI you send me, I'll try with this one and report you back. 

I don't tried with Big Sur, only Monterey.

@MaLd0n Here is IOReg:

iMac.ioreg

@ANONIMNIQ

I also had issue with jumpy mouse and garbled issues with the cursor I was able to fix the setting with the help of these settings given in the picture. These setting are given by @Silce and @ @herve in this post. My graphics card is Intel HD 4600 Quite closer to your one This has fixed my issue on BigSur and Monterey. This is the link 

Follow these settings in open core 

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 10.45.00 AM.png

@Hervé can't find such option in my BIOS. VGA settings in BIOS are greyed out, maybe because I use DP output, I don't know, so I can't check there.

@$tealth Still same with your EFI as with EFI MaLd0n send me earlier - freeze when I tried to press anything with the mouse. At first mouse cursor start spinning, everything stop responding but cursor is still moving, and eventually after few minutes cursor disappear and os reboot itself. And as I mentioned few times before, this happened only with video patch, with -igfxvesa without graphics acceleration system works without freezes.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

I had same problems initially when I was installing the Mac OS Monterey but after a lot of fidling and working around 

Hang on I will give you something 

Pre Install Boot Flags 

-v alcid=1 watchdog=0 igfxonln=1 -no_compat_check keepsyms=1 -cdfon -igfxmlr -igfxvesa

Post Install Boot Flags 

-v alcid=3 watchdog=0 igfxonln=1 -no_compat_check

9 minutes ago, $tealth said:

I don't know man I am not the expert. Mine is working perfectly . What is mother board type is it Haswell Broadwell which one 

I'm not sure for the motherboard, It's some custom HP motherboard for this tiny form factor pc.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

It's possible you've most likely end up with a faulty hardware here. Sounds like the iGPU module is locking up when there is a power spike during hardware acceleration; probably coz you're trying to force HD 4400 to run on a macOS version that's not actually supported natively by Apple. I believe the best way to go about troubleshooting this is to first test-run a macOS version that has native vanilla support for this hardware combo without having to compromise SIP in order to apply 3rd-party patches; that would be Big Sur with SMBIOS iMac14,4

Would also recommend running a compute benchmark/stress for the iGPU via tools like GB5 or CPU-Z on Windows NOT macOS. This should help rule out a faulty hardware situation.