Monterey freeze with HD4400

ANONIMNIQ

61 posts in this topic

@aben Now I try BigSur and it works more stable with it. Still some glitches here and there, i.e. missing icons on newly installed apps. Also still don't have 4k resolution for the Display, only 1080p.

This is my current EFI with BigSur, no freezes like Monterey:

EFI.zip

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

9 hours ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

@aben Now I try BigSur and it works more stable with it. Still some glitches here and there, i.e. missing icons on newly installed apps. Also still don't have 4k resolution for the Display, only 1080p.

This is my current EFI with BigSur, no freezes like Monterey:

As expected. This goes to prove that current OCLP root-patches deployed to enable compatibility for Haswell-based iGPUs on macOS 12 does not seem to play well with your hardware on current macOS Monterey builds. You'll probably see better stability on initial macOS 12 releases like 12.1; only tests will prove.

Again, your current EFI is STILL all-over-the-place with unnecessary OC quirks and kexts being included; why AppleMCEReporterDisabler and RestrictEvents? These kexts are mostly targeted towards AMD users. I assume you have simply copy pasted your AMD rig EFI without much deliberation. Use the below attached EFI; have cleaned out all the useless stuff.

As for 4K support, I suggest you try testing with SMBIOS iMac15,1 and/or boot arg -cdfon. More insights here: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

EFI.zip

Edited by aben
EFI

@aben thank you! for 4k resolution, nothing happened when I use -cdfon 

with -igfxmpc works and show 4k resolution, but when I choose it my display loose signal. Maybe it's because I use DP output, I'm not sure how to make it worked. I tried with enable-max-pixel-clock-override but it's the same.

29 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

@aben thank you! for 4k resolution, nothing happened when I use -cdfon 

with -igfxmpc works and show 4k resolution, but when I choose it my display loose signal. Maybe it's because I use DP output, I'm not sure how to make it worked. I tried with enable-max-pixel-clock-override but it's the same.

I think your system requires appropriate DVMT memory size allocation for proper 4K output on macOS. You've reported earlier the option to modify this parameter is missing from your BIOS. Methods do exist that helps extract BIOS/UEFI variables which you can then manually modify via GRUB-commands (this approach is considered RISKY and DANGEROUS if you don't know what you're doing albeit could help solve your issue if done correctly).

At the moment, I can only help with the below attached EFI-added some basic mem. patches, hopefully it works, if not I suggest you experiment around with the other Azul Framebuffer IDs listed for desktops here or maybe carefully consider the approach of increasing DVMT memory via UEFI shell.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, ANONIMNIQ said:

@aben I tried with Monterey 12.1 as you suggested me and it works without freezes too. Still can't use 4k resolution, but it's better than nothing. I'm curious did Ventura will boot on haswell system or not.

So no freeze now??? Which method did you use to fix it?? Mostly IHD 4600 Desktop is working fine in macos monterey maybe it's your IHD 4400