Monterey freeze with HD4400

ANONIMNIQ

61 posts in this topic

I installed macos Monterey on my HP Prodesk 600 G1 DM with  i3-4130 and Intel HD Graphics 4400 iGPU. 

When I use device-id=160a000c and AAPL,ig-platform-id=0c00160a in my opencore config.plist it boots ok, but whitwout graphic acceleration and only 7mb vram. I tried with this parameters instead:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BgAmCg==</data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>EgQAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-cursormem</key>
                <data>AACQAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
            </dict>

and it boots with graphic acceleration, but when I login It freezes on desktop after few seconds. How to fix it?

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

Device-id is wrong value. 

I may propose 12040000 and for ig-platform there may be different values, one of them 0300220D

I tried with these values, but still freeze on desktop after few seconds.

Now I have another issue. I tried to change resolution from custom resolutions, and system freeze again. Now everytime I restart and login it freeze. The strange thing is that my TV still detect resolution as 1080p but everything on the login screen looks a little bit bigger. If I boot without graphics acceleration It works, but can't find a way to reset resolution to default. I reinstalled macos on top of my installation but it still keeps resolution settings. I even tried to create new admin user and delete the old one, but still no luck with this issue. Any way to fix this or I need to delete format drive and install again?

ok, I just reinstall macos and update OpenCore, Lulu and whatevergreen, compare my config.plist and make some changes. now it works better, I still have one freeze after 1 hour when I tried to search something on spotlight or when I tried to open memory tab in system menu. btw if I leave it for 2-3 minutes it refresh itself on login screen and work again, but instead of this its working much more stable now. in iorreg I noticed that only Lulu is active and whatevergreen is registered. How to access more screen resolutions from my hd400? right now its working on 1080p/60hz. any way to support 4k from DisplayPort to  HDMI on my TV?

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

@Hervé @Slice Guys, can you check my new EFI, I update Opencore, make some changes that you recommend me and It boots fine, graphic acceleration and sleep works, but I still have some system freezes when trying to access some system settings or go to some folders from Finder, i.e. when I press Memory tab in About this Mac system freeze, also when I try to open Download folder or to access my Opencore folder in EFI, system freeze. If I boot from USB without graphic acceleration it's  working normal without freezes. Can you guys see my new EFI and recommend me some changes in order to fix this freezes, please!

https://we.tl/t-xo63aJTlbU

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Did you reset NVRAM at OC Picker?

What video output are you using ? DVI, DP, HDMI?

It would help if you posted your full hardware specifications. Post a zipped IOReg extract too.

I reset NVRAM but still the same.

PC DVI output - DVI to HDMI adapter - TV HDMI input

My system is:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04240180

i3-4130-3,40GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4400

my IOReg:

https://we.tl/t-ko4BGm2M0g

2 minutes ago, Hervé said:

There used to be an issue with laptops with HD4600 graphics where you had to patch the HDMI output port's pipe to 0x12 to avoid freezes/hangings when HDMI was plugged in/plugged out. Try that, nothing to lose.

How to make this patch? Is this for HDMI output only or for DP too?

32 minutes ago, Hervé said:

If you don't even know what you have, why do you have the following in your setup?

• boot-arg brcmfx-country=CA
  • AirportBrcmFixup + BlueToolFixup kexts

All those are for Broadcom wireless cards...

It's kind of hard to understand how you came to end up with such an OpenCore setup...

My EFI is based on this:

https://github.com/chris1111/macOS-Package-HP-Prodesk-600-G1

I then update Opencore and kexts and make some changes in config.plist, but because I'm not sure about this kexts I leave it. Maybe I don't have wireless card at all, so I'll remove this boot arg and kexts and try without it. I buy this PC secondhand and I'm not really sure if it have wifi or not.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

@Hervé WOW, thank you! now it's better, can't freeze anymore in settings and in Downloads folder in Finder, but still freeze when mount EFI partition and try to open OC folder. Also It freeze in Resources tab in about my Mac, also in Infuse media player when I try to play video from plex server. And I still don't have Memory tab in about my Mac. Any ideas?

btw when I open Network settings, I have Ethernet and also PCI Series Adapter (22). I think I don't need this PCI adapter.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ

16 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Extract your raw DSDT and post a zipped copy of it. We can try and patch it according to the patches found in that DSDT you grabbed of the Github package. I also suggest you contact the author so that he possibly gives you pointer re: BIOS settings.

OK, ill try to contact the author of the GitHub page. The problem with this is, that author to that page is using different form factor PC, so I guess his BIOS is totally different from mine for mini version of this series PC's.

Can you tell me how to extract my raw DSDT!

Edited by ANONIMNIQ