DELL LATITUDE E5480 MONTEREY 12.4

Zsolt Szekely

11 posts in this topic

I successfully installed the latest monterey.

Almost everything is perfect except :

1., No trackpad (even no any mouse function!) 

That is the main problem .

2., No sleeps.   For clicking to the sleep the display get dark but after 1-2 minutes, the display waking up, and I think the power doas not sleep at all....

3., The screen brightness can not be controlled by the keyboard.  (not so important...) 

But works the WIFI/blutooth (with bcm4360) even the handoff is perfect. Also working - beide the basic functions -  the card reader. So almost everything is good but the trackpad would be very essential ! 

I enclose my ioreg file here, and my EFI file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvBA_rblHopHJtZBo39c9EbjDQnT7hSw/view?usp=sharing

dell5480 MacBook Pro.zip

For keyboard brightness controls, Dells usually need two acpi patches (_osi to xosi and osid to xsid) plus brightnesskeys.kext. No clue on sleep. My guess is that if it’s a modern dell, it’s using an i2c trackpad which needs configuration to make it work. You haven’t provided any hardware details so that’s hard to tell.

• Like 1

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOUR KIND HELPS !!!!

1., Tried to add my config to my profile, but no success so far.... I will solve it !

My config is: DELL Latitude E5480 with CPU: i5-6300U / HD520 video. + 8 gb RAM + bcm4360 WIFI   The problematic trackpad/mouse is ALPS  (I think....). OS: Monterey 12.4 /. smbios:macbook pro 13,1

2., I tried to add my ioreg and EFI files to here, but there is 10 MB limit, so I can add the link only where I uploaded the files ....

3., Main problem is the trackpad. There is no any functioning, even the simple mouse function is dead.... As you can see I added the AlpsHID.kext and Voodoo2CHID.kext ...no success ....

4., Thank you Developer your suggestion: I enabled the _osi to Xosi , the osid to xsid in the ACPI patch. as well, I have in the kexts, the brightnesskeys.kext, but no change..... Anyway I can control the brightness on the menubar, so that is just a small  problem...

5., There is a sleep problem. When I click to sleep the screen immediately switch off, but not the power .... after some time( about a minute) the screen switching on again....

I am ready to pay some beers as a contribution to you if you can find the solutions  !!!!  :)   THANK YOU !!!!!  The ioreg (name: "dell 5480 MackBook Pro")    and EFI files here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17dBkJI-WbIKHXIA6d7oeuv3lgeKhFqRM/view?usp=sharing.           https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvBA_rblHopHJtZBo39c9EbjDQnT7hSw/view?usp=sharing 

The iogreg file (name: dell5480 MacBook Pro) is under the 10 mb, so I add also here: 

dell5480 MacBook Pro.zip

13 hours ago, Zsolt Szekely said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOUR KIND HELPS !!!!

1., Tried to add my config to my profile, but no success so far.... I will solve it !

My config is: DELL Latitude E5480 with CPU: i5-6300U / HD520 video. + 8 gb RAM + bcm4360 WIFI   The problematic trackpad/mouse is ALPS  (I think....). OS: Monterey 12.4 /. smbios:macbook pro 13,1

2., I tried to add my ioreg and EFI files to here, but there is 10 MB limit, so I can add the link only where I uploaded the files ....

3., Main problem is the trackpad. There is no any functioning, even the simple mouse function is dead.... As you can see I added the AlpsHID.kext and Voodoo2CHID.kext ...no success ....

dell5480 MacBook Pro.zip 5.55 MB · 1 download

Anyway I think the trackpad is on PS2 bus

Снимок экрана 2022-05-22 в 8.07.38.png

The driver is in my signature