REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

6 posts in this topic

I've decided that after putting it off for a year, I'm going to revive my c600- and more. I want real ultimate power, folks. I have a pair of Voodoo 2's on the way for SLI and some memory to max it out at 144MB. Now I'd like to take it a step further and overclock it. The CPU as stock is 240mhz with the 256k L2 cache module.

I looked around a bit here and gleaned a bit of information about overclocking 603ev's in general. Sounds like I have a pretty good chance of getting a good OC here. The line about UMAX and Motorola getting the best 603's sounded promising, as did reports of a 225 hitting 300 in a 5500 with a little coaxing. So here's my question. Does anyone here know what I'd have to do to get overvolts and multiplier mods on this particular CPU carrier board? Obviously swapping out the clock crystal is the first step, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to adjust multis and possibly voltage to get things really moving.

Thoughts/experiences/suggestions? :ninja:

Don't fry your machine trying to get it to run faster, just add in a newer hard drive and it will feel much faster. I did that on an iMac G3 and even on that machine it felt like a new CPU.