GTX RTX Available? Check this out

makk

12 posts in this topic

The problem is as we 'know' Windows hogs Nvidia HDMI which has been released as of Windows 10 21h1. thus allowing other OS's to use them.

This is what we want for now. The use of the HDMI. The HDMI was purposely ex-mayed from use. Borking the system admins thoughts of why. Scratch.

With the use of Spoof-SSDT.dsl > make into .aml  MaciASL from Acidanthera github page.

Nvidia Geforce can be seen and perhaps used now in MacOS's.

HDMI Output only above High Sierra.  No acceleration after High Sierra (Unless someone has a hack)

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html#windows-gpu-selection

Link to the SSDT to create

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/blob/master/extra-files/Spoof-SSDT.dsl

Create the Spoof-SSDT.aml <> PUT IN ACPI SSDT tab <> remove SSDT-NOEGPU.aml

remove in boot arguments:> -wegnoegpu

remove all of these that point to your Geforce GPE. Chow! 

Then reboot.

After  find and download GFXUTIL from Acidanthera place in /usr/local/tools <> sudo mkdir <> sudo cp

export PATH=/usr/local/tools:$PATH

Then run from your terminal:

gfxutil -f GFX0 

OUTPUT SUCH AS THIS:> 01:00.0 10de:1c8c /PCI0@0/PEG0@1/GFX0@0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

open config.plist to to DevicProperties create new then edit it with this above last portion only.  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

the Internals underneath according to where it is located you can use  Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator just for this purpose to get PciRoot information

where to look in Clover Configurator :  Devices > Add Properties| Properties < click to get Properties and in the right side bottom there is a menu to get all the PciRoots.

Select ALL and  it populates. Find your Geforce Video and Audio. There are two separate. One is High Definition Audio and the other your Geforce model.

Save to config-pci.plist

open and copy them to your working config.plist via a non-GUI editor.  To avoid characters that normally doesn't happen with a text editor. 

Not to worry since there are no kexts yet it will not load on boot. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 3.49.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 3.15.30 AM.png

Edited by makk

@makk

Even if you manage to get macOS to recognize the GTX/RTX which can be done in all versions of macOS, you might even be able to patch older drivers to make the system recognize the whole amount of VRAMs but there is no way to make macOS utilize the GPU with full acceleration. For that purpose you'll need nvidia web drives which are not available beyond High Sierra.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:46 AM, Cyberdevs said:

@makk

Even if you manage to get macOS to recognize the GTX/RTX which can be done in all versions of macOS, you might even be able to patch older drivers to make the system recognize the whole amount of VRAMs but there is no way to make macOS utilize the GPU with full acceleration. For that purpose you'll need nvidia web drives which are not available beyond High Sierra.

Thanks I know this already

Now this person has a desktop model running Catalina with no acceleration but everything else works.

This purpose is to run Catalina for HDMI output.

Here's another link: it's actually from corpnewt:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/7sr4vv/nvidia_web_drivers_and_you_a_patching_guide_for/

Now once you have your hacky able to identify PciRoot and put these nice statements into your DeviceProperties (OC) or Devices (Clover)
you just follow the instructions.  

The biggest issue is Nvidia's OS compatibility checking.   OS Checking. we use ngfxcompat=1 <> no check { BUT THIS DON"T WORK } haha..

But with this even set, it bypasses this so a 'Repackager is necessary' that strips this function altogether allowing for OS upgrades past High Sierra.
The Repackager strips this so you can install or update OS's. 

Edited by makk
We do not allow posting direct links to tonymac site!!! Thank you for you understanding.

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Without acceleration your system will be not usable.

@Slice @Cyberdevs Thank you so much for the reminders,

However I have Geforce GTX 1050Ti working

Screenshots to show the work:

Please review and let me know what you think..

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Meets Acer Nitro 5 Calalina.png

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Meets Acer Nitro 5 Calalina2.png

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Meets Acer Nitro 5 Calalina3.png

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Meets Acer Nitro 5 Calalina4.png

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Meets Acer Nitro 5 Calalina5.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 1.56.52 PM.png

Must be the break through technology we have through all you fellow outstanding Developers from the years!!

My hats off to all of you! You all deserve a week or more in Maldives! I wish I was rich!

Now have to get HDMI Audio driver to work. It's not loading. that was the whole purpose to get HDMI Out to TV

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

But on your screens there is Intel HD630 graphics while your Nvidia just presents.

@Slice

You're right the gpu isn't switched yet.  have to do some more work to load

It is up in HIgh Sierra 

@makk

As you can see in your screenshot the amount of VRAM is set to 0 in which means the the GPU isn't working and as I mentioned before the only versions of macOS that can utilize the Pascal GPU series (10xx Series) is macOS Sierra (the 10.12.4 and above if i'm not mistaking) or High Sierra but macOS Mojave and above can't load the nvidia web drivers so it's pointless.

And the macOS Monterey 12.0.1 release dropped support for all the nvidia GPUs which where natively supported in previous versions of macOS.

758902770_GeforceGTX1050TiMeetsAcerNitro5Calalina3.png.4e07a17d57ae3bbe90357f801f7377ba.png

51 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@makk

As you can see in your screenshot the amount of VRAM is set to 0 in which means the the GPU isn't working and as I mentioned before the only versions of macOS that can utilize the Pascal GPU series (10xx Series) is macOS Sierra (the 10.12.4 and above if i'm not mistaking) or High Sierra but macOS Mojave and above can't load the nvidia web drivers so it's pointless.

And the macOS Monterey 12.0.1 release dropped support for all the nvidia GPUs which where natively supported in previous versions of macOS.

758902770_GeforceGTX1050TiMeetsAcerNitro5Calalina3.png.4e07a17d57ae3bbe90357f801f7377ba.png

@Cyberdevs

sure, if you say  so.

I'm doing this for HDMI output which has been done already.

That's the point of this exercise.

High Sierra is smooth on running Paschal . 

In Windows since this is a Laptop not Desktop, IPS Switching is based on the Application you choose to run on either GPU's.

1 Geforce 1050Ti

2 Intel HD 630

That's how it works on this system.  It boots up with Intel HD 630

Driver's are loaded for Geforce before entering the Desktop and then finishes loading when you have logged in is what I have noticed.

Remember this is not a Desktop with dedicated slots to house 4 Geforce in sync through the bus or the cables if you built it yourself

Or a Desktop with Dual GPU's built by the Dell or whoever.

So in this system,  it boots up Intel. At Desktop 'mode' or Console, you choose what apps to run and we have two choices of GPU's.

Happy Easter

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

@makk can you pease stop posting all this non-sense of yours? Once and for all (hopefuly!), there is no solution for Pascal cards past High Sierra and NEVER will be.  No patching of High Sierra Web Drivers or other falsehoods of any kind. These keep popping once in a while and it'd be appreciated if you avoided adding further noise to this subject because you may have found some stupid post at Voldermort's place for instance... I won't post the link but there was the exact same sort of {censored} post there last February.

Oh boy, another lamo who has no imagination nor gumption to work a miracle.

If these were developed for Mac's once upon a time, as long as there is material  there is a way.

As with these Hacks. Who'd thought to run Mac OS X on a IBM based PC?

No pioneer mentality.