BigSur macOSinstall update not showing in boot loader

TheHam

8 posts in this topic

I want to update Big Sur to 11.6. In the software update I get the update, it downloads and runs. The computer restarts, but I don't see any mac OS installer in the Open Core Boot Picker. I only get my Big Sur HD, my Backup HD as well as the Windows HD, two Efi folders and two restore options. Then when I select my Big Sur HD I get back to 11.4 with the option to update and this repeats. I have had this problem for a while, I always have to create an updated USB boot stick and then reinstall the OS. It's not so bad as I can restore all the data, but it's not really a good solution. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version). Help very much appreciated.

config.plist

4 minutes ago, Allan said:

That's is new for me. I didn't know that the order of drivers matters.

That's probably because if you build a config based on the sample, the order is correct already.