Jump to content

No GPU temperature detected VirtualSMC Navi 5500XT


9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I hope you can help me :)

This thing is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do anymore.
I really need to monitor my GPU because I have to do some heavy work.
Lilu, VirtualSMC, SMCSuperIO and SMCProcessor (I don't know if I need them but ok) are updated.
On HWMonitorSMC2 I see the GPU but only VRAM data and yes I enabled that thing I need to in its preferences.
iStat Menus has no GPU Die or Proximity data.
OpenCore version is 0.7.1.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance image.gif.0d6ad4e913a6c34131669a728c15a6ba.gif

p.s. if the only solution is to switch to FakeSMC, can you tell me if there is an easy way just to give it a try without messing with everything?

 

About my system:

Z170x-UD3

7700K

5500XT

 

Edited by Netsurfer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Netsurfer

Hi, I had the same issue a while back and the only way that I could make the sensors to work on my RX580 was to boot into the recovery partition (or macOS Installer) and disable SIP and once i booted back into macOS the sensors started to work and then i went back into recovery partition and enabled SIP.

I guess the easier way might be disabling SIP via config file but I didn't check that method so you have to experiment with that method and see if that works.

 

in order to do that boot into the recovery partition and from utilities menu open Terminal and type the following commands:

 

to disable SIP:

csrutil disable

to enable SIP:

csrutil enable

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 11.28.29 AM.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Netsurfer

Hi, I had the same issue a while back and the only way that I could make the sensors to work on my RX580 was to boot into the recovery partition (or macOS Installer) and disable SIP and once i booted back into macOS the sensors started to work and then i went back into recovery partition and enabled SIP.

I guess the easier way might be disabling SIP via config file but I didn't check that method so you have to experiment with that method and see if that works.

 

in order to do that boot into the recovery partition and from utilities menu open Terminal and type the following commands:

 

to disable SIP:


csrutil disable

to enable SIP:


csrutil enable

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 11.28.29 AM.png

Thanks man... but unfortunately nothing has changed :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Netsurfer changed the title to No GPU temperature detected VirtualSMC Navi 5500XT
On 7/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, Cyberdevs said:

@Netsurfer

Hi, I had the same issue a while back and the only way that I could make the sensors to work on my RX580 was to boot into the recovery partition (or macOS Installer) and disable SIP and once i booted back into macOS the sensors started to work and then i went back into recovery partition and enabled SIP.

 

 

Sorry, no!

RX580 is a different story not as 5500XT.

 

The only way for 5500 is to switch to FakeSMC 3

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Slice said:

Sorry, no!

RX580 is a different story not as 5500XT.

 

The only way for 5500 is to switch to FakeSMC 3

 

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Sorry if I ask, are you technically 100% sure about this?

I mean: do you know also the reason because of which it's not possible?

Just to be really sure you know...

Thanks again

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Netsurfer said:

 

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Sorry if I ask, are you technically 100% sure about this?

I mean: do you know also the reason because of which it's not possible?

Just to be really sure you know...

Thanks again

:)

Because I invented the method and apply to HWSensors3 project. I see no analogous anywhere. May be I am blind.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...