Jump to content

Aorus Z390 guide help


22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

Im a new hackintosh user, and I built a new computer from scratch about a year ago. I wanted to build a hackintosh for a while and I was looking for a good compatible hardware I could use without future problems. Ive come to this forum to see what i wanted and from AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion topic I followed every instruction to setup my new hackintosh with total success, from catalina upto bigsur all builds in between. 

 

I started with clover and promtly went onto Opencore without any problems. The only problem is, the Original poster has stopped making new EFI files for the current and future versions of the mac. Being dense about compiling a new EFI from scratch, (i tried but no cigar) , Im now at a point where I would gladly pay a fair price to actually get new updated EFI files for my machine. 

 

As Im a new member, i cannot post on the topic directly and I ask anyones help at this point to see if I can actually achieve this goal.

 

Any help would be appreciated.


I believe [mention=2497419]AudioGod[/mention] will be updating his repo when the next version of OpenCore is released. Be patient and monitor his repo and thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


On 7/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, SavageAUS said:

I believe [mention=2497419]AudioGod[/mention] will be updating his repo when the next version of OpenCore is released. Be patient and monitor his repo and thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no no no no no…lol,…Im too deeply involved in the AMD side now to keep up with my Intel EFIs and also the little problems that I would normally solve I can no longer do as I’m Intel free over here. This is why I made the decision to drop support for my Z390 Pro and Master Threads. (3 years of support from me on them threads is long enough now I think)

@erolsansolo If you ask @eSaF nicely I’m sure he won’t mind helping you out.

Edited by AudioGod

@erolsansolo - HI zip you OC EFI Folder and post it here and I will update all files within to latest versions. 

24 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If you ask @eSaF nicely I’m sure he won’t mind helping you out.

HI Bro hope all is good with you and yours........by the way that's a sneaky way to get me to manage your Thread. :hysterical: but I've got enough on my plate to contend with, I don't mind chipping in now and then when ever I can help but monitor full time, not really.

  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@erolsansolo - HI zip you OC EFI Folder and post it here and I will update all files within to latest versions. 

HI Bro hope all is good with you and yours........by the way that's a sneaky way to get me to manage your Thread. :hysterical: but I've got enough on my plate to contend with, I don't mind chipping in now and then when ever I can help but monitor full time, not really.

That’s not what I said at all…lol

i just meant you might be able to help this guy with his problem, nothing more.

you're letting your imagination run wild brother. LoL

Edited by AudioGod
  • Haha 1

@eSaF Thank you so much, and many thanks to you as well @AudioGod for all the work you have done.

 

I have another question on the efi folder. There is an extra folder called "apple" and under it "firmware" wth a file IM191.fd inside that wasnt there before. I wonder why and how it got there and should it be there, can it be removed?

 

image.png.70b29b041c6d16a24bf83ab29db5d246.png

 

It used to be easy for me, copy new efi folder, restart, reset nvram, boot up, update macos and voila. I would pay for this. wink wink.

 

Im getting too old for this - maybe hackintosh was the wrong wagon to jump on. At the time I couldnt justify the equivalent price of the imac. (two actually, one for work one for home office)

 

Am i screwed in the long run? yep looks like it 😇

 

 

Erol Sansolo OC EFI.zip


@erolsansolo - Ok I will get to it and upload the revised EFI Folder for you to try.

 

Ok here you go all done for you - There are a couple of things you need to do before committing this updated EFI Folder to your main Drive (see the attached pics with instructions). I would suggest you then place the New EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB Drive and boot off it to see if all is ok. Any problems please let me know. Good luck.

Spoiler

465716846_Screenshot2021-07-30at18_01_08.thumb.png.82d6041e082f0458c05e3f5637b6bdc5.png179202792_Screenshot2021-07-30at18_11_04.png.d04d99e257e04decbf780e544042de5d.png

 

EFI.zip

Edited by eSaF
added new info

ok i went into hardware info got my MAC adress and input that into config.plist without the : inbetween.

 

I remember this from earlier clover stuff i think.

 

i will copy to usb efi, and give it a shot.


@eSaF mate, thank you it works! And nice touch on the posh OC bootpicker!

 

1- I put in the ROM value as "string" with my MAC address but when i check with hackintool, it shows up as 000000000 again. Should it be as "data"?

2- When updating my EFI for the future, I dont want to be a burden to anyone, do i just update the new kext files? what should i watch out for?

3- Do i ever need to change the ACPI SSDT entries for my machines? one can assume i will never upgrade this pc.

4- do you give lessons? 😁 phone number? IBAN number in case payment is required? 😇

 

again thank you for your time. 

  • Like 1

3 hours ago, erolsansolo said:

@eSaF mate, thank you it works! And nice touch on the posh OC bootpicker!

 

1- I put in the ROM value as "string" with my MAC address but when i check with hackintool, it shows up as 000000000 again. Should it be as "data"?

2- When updating my EFI for the future, I dont want to be a burden to anyone, do i just update the new kext files? what should i watch out for?

3- Do i ever need to change the ACPI SSDT entries for my machines? one can assume i will never upgrade this pc.

4- do you give lessons? 😁 phone number? IBAN number in case payment is required? 😇

 

again thank you for your time. 

Glad all worked out for you, sorry no I don't take monetary donations or any kind for that matter but thanks for the thought. If you like you can donate any amount to the IM Website. If you have a problem or query we are all here to help in any way we can.

Updating your EFI in future is easy, always check that your kexts are the latest versions plus the OC released version. The SSDT files will be the same throughout as long as the Motherboard remains the same one. The ROM value should be entered as Data into the config.plist not String so you will need to correct that entry and save it to the config.plist.

About giving lessons - No I do not, like I said just post your queries and members will offer help or suggestions to overcome problems. Enjoy your Hack. :thumbsup_anim:


@eSaF @AudioGod

 

Thank you for all your help up to this point. 

 

Yet I have a small problem that i had for a long time with my hack. 

I have the Fenvi T919 BT wifi module (amazon) - My magic keyboard, magic touchpad and any other peripherals works flawlessly using bluetooth from the beginning. No problems until I connect my airpods.

 

Airpods connect no problem, I even can watch a youtube video no problem, until it suddenly disconnects, also taking every other bluetooth device along with it and effectively crashes the BT. 

 

This sudden disconnect happens arbitrarily, even when there is nothing playing in the background.

 

Only way to gain control is to connect via cable at this point, and I tried everything i can think of (reset BT module, factory reset etc..) ,

plus a terminal command i came across the internet to reset the BT service. Nothing short of resetting the pc works. 

 

At last i throw in the towel and ordered another new T919 BT WIFI card from amazon, slap that one in. same result. 

 

This only happens when i connect my airpods (also tried with my wifes airpods). 

 

I have the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext in my EFI folder.

 

Any ideas?

 

 


8 hours ago, erolsansolo said:

@eSaF @AudioGod

 

Thank you for all your help up to this point. 

 

Yet I have a small problem that i had for a long time with my hack. 

I have the Fenvi T919 BT wifi module (amazon) - My magic keyboard, magic touchpad and any other peripherals works flawlessly using bluetooth from the beginning. No problems until I connect my airpods.

 

Airpods connect no problem, I even can watch a youtube video no problem, until it suddenly disconnects, also taking every other bluetooth device along with it and effectively crashes the BT. 

 

This sudden disconnect happens arbitrarily, even when there is nothing playing in the background.

 

Only way to gain control is to connect via cable at this point, and I tried everything i can think of (reset BT module, factory reset etc..) ,

plus a terminal command i came across the internet to reset the BT service. Nothing short of resetting the pc works. 

 

At last i throw in the towel and ordered another new T919 BT WIFI card from amazon, slap that one in. same result. 

 

This only happens when i connect my airpods (also tried with my wifes airpods). 

 

I have the latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext in my EFI folder.

 

Any ideas?

 

 

Sorry man I feel your pain, I also had a T-919 installed in my hack because I had an issue with my Apple B/T - WIFI Card and used the T-919 as a stop gap and it worked flawless until the 2nd Monterey Beta, then WIFI stopped working at boot up. I would get WIFI to work but then B/Tooth would also stop. I don't know if Monterey has somewhat changed how the USB ports are now powered but something has definitely changed since Catalina, Mojave and BS. I have tried remapping my USB ports to see if that would make a difference but to no avail, I am afraid any other remedy is too much above my understanding.


1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

@eSaF What do I always say about the T919?

:hysterical: Yes B I know precisely but after my original card died on me, the one I ordered was going to be at least a month for delivery so I took a gamble on the T-919 as a quick fix until delivery of the genuine Apple wifi/b-tooth card but it didn't quite work out for Monterey as I'd hope.


38 minutes ago, erolsansolo said:

Im already out $180+ , do you think there might be a cure for t919 in the near future?

Unfortunately I can't answer that, you may have to bite the bullet and get a genuine Apple WIFI/B-Tooth card with a PCIe adapter but be cautious as some cards that worked previously are now a bit flaky in operation in Monterey. I don't know if as Monterey develops these cards will start working as before.


53 minutes ago, eSaF said:

:hysterical: Yes B I know precisely but after my original card died on me, the one I ordered was going to be at least a month for delivery so I took a gamble on the T-919 as a quick fix until delivery of the genuine Apple wifi/b-tooth card but it didn't quite work out for Monterey as I'd hope.

I have a spare BCM94360CS2 sitting here that you can have for free if you DM me a address to send it to?

all you need a pcie adaptor and off you go.

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I have a spare BCM94360CS2 sitting here that you can have for free if you DM me a address to send it to?

all you need a pcie adaptor and off you go.

Sweet :thumbsup_anim:


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...