Opencore 0.70 BOOTMISMATCH! error - LogacyBoot

myhobby

5 posts in this topic

I've succesfully cloned my boot SSD toward a new 870 QVO SSD, but I'm struggling to make it bootable.

1) Cloned working/booting SSD with Diskduper!

2) Mounted both EFI partitions and copied a working EFI directory to the target (copied SSD)

3) Used opencore 0.70/Utilities/LecayBoot/Bootinstall_X64.tool ( via terminal and sudo/..../Bootinstall_X64.tool ), selected the correct target EFI and the script ended normally.

4) When I reboot with the new copied SSD as 1st boot disk, it show me the BOOTMISMATCH! error and presents the opencore bootmenu where I only can select the original drive, which boots normal

No presentation of the new QVO drive in the opencore bootmenu, not yet possible to boot from the copied SSD.

Tried al kinds of alternatives, but no success. Someone any idea how to resolve this ?

5 hours ago, myhobby said:

Ho clonato con successo il mio SSD di avvio verso un nuovo SSD QVO 870, ma sto lottando per renderlo avviabile.

1) SSD funzionante/avvio clonato con Diskduper!

2) Montate entrambe le partizioni EFI e copiate una directory EFI funzionante sul target (SSD copiato)

3) Utilizzato opencore 0.70/Utilities/LecayBoot/Bootinstall_X64.tool ( tramite terminale e sudo/..../Bootinstall_X64.tool ), selezionato l'EFI di destinazione corretto e lo script è terminato normalmente.

4) Quando riavvio con il nuovo SSD copiato come primo disco di avvio, mi mostra il BOOTMISMATCH! errore e presenta il menu di avvio opencore in cui posso selezionare solo l'unità originale, che si avvia normalmente

Nessuna presentazione della nuova unità QVO nel menu di avvio opencore, non è ancora possibile avviare dall'SSD copiato.

Ho provato tutti i tipi di alternative, ma senza successo. Qualcuno ha idea di come risolvere questo?

what is your hardware?

6 hours ago, myhobby said:

I've succesfully cloned my boot SSD toward a new 870 QVO SSD, but I'm struggling to make it bootable.

1) Cloned working/booting SSD with Diskduper!

2) Mounted both EFI partitions and copied a working EFI directory to the target (copied SSD)

3) Used opencore 0.70/Utilities/LecayBoot/Bootinstall_X64.tool ( via terminal and sudo/..../Bootinstall_X64.tool ), selected the correct target EFI and the script ended normally.

4) When I reboot with the new copied SSD as 1st boot disk, it show me the BOOTMISMATCH! error and presents the opencore bootmenu where I only can select the original drive, which boots normal

No presentation of the new QVO drive in the opencore bootmenu, not yet possible to boot from the copied SSD.

Tried al kinds of alternatives, but no success. Someone any idea how to resolve this ?

11 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

what is your hardware?

My hardware is EX58 based, running flawless BS 11.2. So it is not an EFI OC 0.7 issue

16 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

@myhobby

what is Diskduper? You mean SuperDuper? 

What's you macOs version? 

I'd recommend to remove the old SSD completely and keep only the new one and reset nvram and reboot again ... 

SuperDuper releases doesn't supports Big Sur - only SuperDuper 3.5 beta 3 ..

I don't know what is legacy  command via terminal that you've excuted ... if I'm not wrong !! You need to just copy EFI from old to new SSD ... or keep the old SSD as EFI booter disk and choose the new SSD to see if it was cloned successfully 

Good luck

what is Diskduper? You mean SuperDuper? -> indeed 😉

What's you macOs version? BS 11.2

I'd recommend to remove the old SSD completely and keep only the new one and reset nvram and reboot again ...  -> That is a step I will take in a next phase. Still want to know why this one is not bootable......;-)

SuperDuper releases doesn't supports Big Sur - only SuperDuper 3.5 beta 3 .. -> That is the one I'm using

I don't know what is legacy  command via terminal that you've excuted ... if I'm not wrong !!

You need to just copy EFI from old to new SSD ... or keep the old SSD as EFI booter disk and choose the new SSD to see if it was cloned successfully -> That is what I did initially, but the copy was still not bootable/recognized as bootable. Therefor I re-executed the OC steps to change the MBR for this drive

• 2 weeks later...

Attached the copied SSD to a macbook and set this SSD as the bootdevice. Reboot the macbook and waited until booted and it proofs that the SSD is bootable. But for the moment not yet in my EX58..  Remember, the original disk (used as source for the copy) is working flawless.

Any help/suggestion is more than welcome.