Unable to enter Clover Bootloader

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello. I am trying to install macOS 10.15.7 Catalina using Clover Bootloader version 5134 and Rehadman's laptop config.plist. However, I am encounter with the error even before seeing the Clover Bootloader screen. What can I do to solve the problem. I will attach the photo showing error on the screen and config.plist I used. Thank you in advance. 

Specs of my laptop

Manufacturer: Samsung

Series: Sens Series 9(2011)

Model Number: NT900X3A-A51(Korean variant of NP900X3A series)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2537M

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000(GT2, Mobile)

Motherboard: Intel HM65 Express

SSD: Samsung Portable SSD T1(Based on Samsung 850 EVO SATA)

RAM: DDR3-1333 4GB * 2

KakaoTalk_20210505_010855835.jpg

config.plist

Edited by Duhee Cho
3 hours ago, Hervé said:

You'll need a patcher (like dosdude1's one) to run (and probably to install) Catalina 10.15.7 because HD3000 graphics were dropped with Mojave (it's not Metal capable/compatible). This iGPU can still be supported (in OpenGL mode only) but only after intensive patching past Catalina 10.15.3 (patching is less complicated until 10.15.3) but you must bear in mind that it's a poorly supported iGPU in all recent macOS versions with some inherent graphics defects/bugs like artefacts and black horizontal lines that appear on screen after a while and only go away after reboot. No fix, no workaround available. You may want to consider sticking to High Sierra instead, it's the last version that properly and fully supported HD3000 graphics

I was aware of the needness of patch, but I didn't know that is is very unstable. Thank you for your kind advice,

You'd be better off installing Sierra with 4Gb Ram.

For Mojave and above: suggested 16Gb ram due to HD3000 and no Metal support.

if determined, then you can use Chris1111 Intel hack for HD3000.

Get another laptop that is HD 5500 or better.  Some suggestions: UHD 620 

iCore or Core i series above 3.  

Metal supported Graphics is necessary or end up with very slow graphics and lots of freezes.

Look at the signatures of those here the forum and see what type of computers are used.

Take for example Herve he has many.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, makk said:

You'd be better off installing Sierra with 4Gb Ram.

For Mojave and above: suggested 16Gb ram due to HD3000 and no Metal support.

if determined, then you can use Chris1111 Intel hack for HD3000.

Get another laptop that is HD 5500 or better.  Some suggestions: UHD 620 

iCore or Core i series above 3.  

Metal supported Graphics is necessary or end up with very slow graphics and lots of freezes.

Look at the signatures of those here the forum and see what type of computers are used.

Take for example Herve he has many.

Hello. Do you mean that HD3000 has native support in High Sierra but very unstable? Actually, i am using High Sierra in this laptop wth Opencore Bootloader, but it has horizental white lines in internal screen(no problem when connecting to HDMI external monitor)  Should I rather consider installing Sierra instead of High Sierra to fix this problem? 

On 5/5/2021 at 7:30 AM, Hervé said:

It's not really unstable per se' (no such things as crashes for instance), just a little buggy.

Because of my buggy laptop screen in High Sierra, in fact, I thought that being buggy in Catalina would be better since there are already bugs in High Sierra. I will stay in High Sierra if I can fix the buggy screen.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Duhee Cho said:

Hello. Do you mean that HD3000 has native support in High Sierra but very unstable? Actually, i am using High Sierra in this laptop wth Opencore Bootloader, but it has horizental white lines in internal screen(no problem when connecting to HDMI external monitor)  Should I rather consider installing Sierra instead of High Sierra to fix this problem? 

Yes, High Sierra was the last to support HD3000 and it has metal .

HD3000 is OpenGL no Metal support. Those white lines and artifacts are from lack of Metal support.

As long as you have that HD3000 it will run crappy and freeze up High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina Big Sur.

Some colorful metaphors if you wish for this dinosaur of graphics: $&@*(#&(*#&$(@# <<this is my take on HD3000

Sierra is safe.  Find the patches for the graphics glitch patches, Herve' has a few good ones

Edited by makk
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, makk said:

Yes, High Sierra was the last to support HD3000 and it has metal .

HD3000 is OpenGL no Metal support. Those white lines and artifacts are from lack of Metal support.

As long as you have that HD3000 it will run crappy and freeze up High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina Big Sur.

Sierra is safe.  Find the patches for the graphics glitch patches, Herve' has a few good ones

I am using High Sierra for now anyway. Do you mean that High Sierra also has unstable HD3000 support. And can you explain me where I can find patched by Herve?

Somewhere on this forum.  Do search for HD3000 patching.

Sierra is the only choice if you want stable.  If you want headaches High Sierra

1 hour ago, makk said:

Somewhere on this forum.  Do search for HD3000 patching.

Sierra is the only choice if you want stable.  If you want headaches High Sierra

Okay. I see. Thank you very much.

If you are looking for an headacheless machine, just get one that is not going to create problems.

HD3000 is problems any way you look at it.

Can't sleep and wake most of the time 

have flaky lines these two alone makes is less desireable

these equal problems and headaches you don't get with other machines that do not have HD3000 

Run Windows 10 on it. 

Get another one.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Hervé said:

@Duhee Cho I don't fully agree with @makk's writings and assertions. Stick with High Sierra, you'd get the same horizontal lines in Sierra. My own past experience with a Dell Latitude E6220 (Sandy Bridge laptop with HD3000 graphics) taught me that these graphics defects started in El Capitan. I had no such issues up to Yosemite. I also found out that it gets worse after repeated Sleep/Wake operations so I tended to switch off the laptop after usage rather than put it to sleep. The bug lessens a little with 8GB RAM and VRAM increase patch but never disappears and, as stated before, there just isn't any fix.

My laptop, in fact, has horizental all the time since it boots up. I am trying Catalina with Opencore 0.6.9., and there are no horizental lines here. But kernel panic occurs when I installed legacy video patch in 19H1030. So I am trying to install 19H15 now.

Edited by Duhee Cho
7 hours ago, Allan said:

@Duhee Cho

Kernel Panic after installing Legacy Video Patch - Deleted

Follow the Rules: 

I see... I will be more aware of it. I apologize you for my violation.

a

On 5/5/2021 at 3:40 AM, Hervé said:

You'll need a patcher (like dosdude1's one) to run (and probably to install) Catalina 10.15.7 because HD3000 graphics were dropped with Mojave (it's not Metal capable/compatible). This iGPU can still be supported (in OpenGL mode only) but only after intensive patching past Catalina 10.15.3 (patching is less complicated until 10.15.3) but you must bear in mind that it's a poorly supported iGPU in all recent macOS versions with some inherent graphics defects/bugs like artefacts and black horizontal lines that appear on screen after a while and only go away after reboot. No fix, no workaround available. You may want to consider sticking to High Sierra instead, it's the last version that properly and fully supported HD3000 graphics

Hello. installed macOS Catalina 10.15.7 with Opencore 0.6.9 bootloader on my laptop. I used Legacy Video Patcher by chris111 to patch my GPU. However, after installing the patch, my laptop has kernel panic. I disabled SIP. What can I do to solve the problem?

20210509_114210.jpg

On 5/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, Hervé said:

@Duhee Cho I specifically stated that Chris1111's patcher cannot be used past 10.15.3 and that, from 10.15.4 onwards, you must use a patcher such as dosdude1's... -_-

Chris111 said on his Github(https://github.com/chris1111/Legacy-Video-patch) that his patch also works on 10.15.7(he also attached some cases that succeeded), and dosdude1's patch is recommended on real mac . But do you recommend dosdude1's patch on my Samsung laptop anyway?