HELP !!! Catalina Install on HP Zbook 14u G6

AJC

115 posts in this topic

found in the config that USB inject all kext was disabled, I reenabled it and the built in camera works !   

BUT is turning on the usbinjectall kext going to mess with the thunderbolt stuff you did ?

So I have an HP dock for this zbook, it connects on usb-c. Powers the laptop, had multiple USB ports, multiple video ports and a couple other things all running through the single usb-c cable going to the laptop. Everything seems to work well with the doc except the monitors. I have two monitors connected to the dock. In windows all three monitors show up in the monitor arrangement pane ( both monitors and laptop screen) and when I close the laptop lid it just shows the two monitors connected to the doc.

NOW in the new mac set up when connected to the doc both monitors on the doc are mirrored and show up in the monitor arrangement pane and one. 
so when the lid is open the monitor arrangement pane shows two monitors ( the doc screens as one and the laptop screen) when the lid is closed the monitor arrangement pane just shows one monitor ( the doc screens mirrored as one) 

so the thunderbolt port seems to be working but for some reason it’s not picking up the fact that there’s two different displays attached to the doc.

is there something I need to fix or can something I can do about that ?

or is it fine and that’s just how OS X works.  ?

Docks are a tricky area and every kind is different as far as what works and what doesn't.

Try adding these values to see if you can get 2 ports routed to different screens, but I suspect the TB3/USBC port only get's one DV connection and windows drivers somehow have a way to change that.

1777640872_ScreenShot2021-04-11at11_14_48AM.png.37be8c08401ae8f29b1272ab6f8299b7.png

I put that stuff in and it didn’t do anything. The doc is acting the same exact way. I guess yer right about the windows drivers and what not. Oh well no big deal.  Is the stuff you just had me add going to affect anything els ? Since it didn’t work should I remove it ? Or does it not matter ?

( funny thing is the hdmi works fine so I have dual monitors that way, which will work. But I was wondering, is there a way to disable the hdmi and send it through the thunderbolt port to give the doc the second monitor? )

19 hours ago, AJC said:

I put that stuff in and it didn’t do anything. The doc is acting the same exact way. I guess yer right about the windows drivers and what not. Oh well no big deal.  Is the stuff you just had me add going to affect anything els ? Since it didn’t work should I remove it ? Or does it not matter ?

I don't think it matters either way, all I did was activate a 4th possible connector on the frame buffer, test both options with displays attached.

19 hours ago, AJC said:

( funny thing is the hdmi works fine so I have dual monitors that way, which will work. But I was wondering, is there a way to disable the hdmi and send it through the thunderbolt port to give the doc the second monitor? )

I don't think you can, there's probably only 1 physical connection between the IGPU and the Thunderbolt port and somehow the windows drivers either change this by switching something in the bios, or there is some magic/hack, bandwith splitting/ who knows?

Edited by theroadw