Need IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from 10.8.5

Rob Anthony Dire

4 posts in this topic

I did a fresh install on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro After maxing out the ram at 16 GB, and putting in two 1TB SSD’s. Multitasking is not something I should do especially when working on computers. While I did the clean install with the snow leopard install DVD, it appears that I did the upgrade with the hackinTosh mountain lion disc.

now, my airport card is not showing up. Make fun of me all you want. I have already spent numerous hours trying to correct us and there’s nothing anybody can say that I haven’t already thought. Apparently, the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext Did not get upgraded from the snow leopard version, and I installed generic USB 3.0 drivers. I was also working on two machines at the same time. Bad for someone with ADHD, I know.

i’m pretty sure that all I need now is to find a download of The above mentioned kext from 10.8.5, OR, the plugins from that kext from a vanilla ML system. Especially ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext, since it is missing my model Macbook Pro, which is 9,1.

I have Been making hacking Tosh is for 15 or 16 years. From scratch, from Frankenstein parts, from machines that people said I could never do them on, and go figure I screw up my MacBook Pro. Already removed the troublesome kenerl extensions, and i *think* it’s come down to needing this one (and probably its plugins) from a vanilla 10.8.5 system. 

I run 10.8.5 on this machine because it’s very efficient with ProTools 10. I also have a partition of El Capitan, and a small Catalina partition just because. Mountain lion performs like a beast on this machine, and if only you could run snow leopard… I noticed definite lag since I upgraded my other partition from Yosemite to El Capitan. But now with two SSD’s, it’s running (when it runs properly) amazingly. 

If anybody happens to have access to these files and can send me a link, I would be forever eternally grateful. And believe me, I have discs that have obscure files going back to the days of installing tiger on a PC…

47FFE413-F985-460E-AFA4-D78C96733C0C.jpeg

@Rob Anthony Dire

Hello and welcome to InsanelyMac.com

You can find the IOPlaformFamily.kext inside each combo update installer that are available on Apple's site:

Download OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.5 (Combo)

You can simply download and (re)install the 10.8.5 Combo Update and it will install the kext in /S/L/E for you.

Here is the file that I extracted from the installer package:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.zip

• Like 1