JadaOnyx

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I did a macOS installation on my gaming notebook... With a technically fully working GTX1060 + HD630 even with a muxless setup (stuck on High Sierra, web drivers you know) because HDMI and miniDP outputs are controlled by Nvidia. With a headless HDMI adapter I can use my internal display (4k version, routed to the iGPU) to play games like a regular Nvidia Optimus. But that's not the point (or yes? maybe if we manage to inject some values like "hey this dGPU isn't a dGPU. It's an eGPU!" we can use some tools like "set e-GPU" or "Automate-eGPU". TA-DAAA!!... but ik its hard or maybe impossible).

90% of things works:

- USBs
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C mode 100%, Thunderbolt 3 mode partially working, no hotplug I think, not tested)

- Ethernet

- SD card.

- Bluetooth (Partially, broken at sleep/wake)

- Touchpad (+gestures etc) and Keyboard

- Intel ME properly injected.

- Intel iGPU (No hardware-based DRM due to chipset restriction/Intel ME keys to load Apple GuC firmware, and PAVP)
- NVIDIA GTX1060 (fully working but maybe you need a HDMI headless to do a very primitive "Optimus", but external screens 10/10)

- Audio. But read this, there's 2 layout id. One layout id recognizes 3.5 headphone as a regular connector, allowing you to change volume (and, I forgot Layout ID number). Other enables the optical output inside that 3.5 connector (already selected) while regular headphones works too but you can't change the volume.

Doesnt work:
- WiFi. Incompatible card. You must replace it.
- Netflix hardware-based DRM with iGPU. I thought it was working but nope, max 720p quality and not using Safari but Chrome or Opera so forget +1080p or use Windows.

But there are 2 devices left. I don't know the correct/equal device ids or "compatible" value for a real Kaby lake Mac: https://prnt.sc/z94dyk and https://prnt.sc/z94fof. This devices are not enabled in a real Mac.

...and, I forgot to say before, my battery is discharging at reason of 19-21 Watts at idle (yeah, per second). I think it's too high and there is something wrong (oh, god). I tried to disable the dGPU using a SSDT table and it gives me a difference from 1 to 2 watts only so it isnt related to this issue. Nevermind just a... wrong setting in bios + HDD :roto2: W/o HDD and ASPM blablabla ow 9-11Watts/sec

Thanks for read all post, amigo. and for not being a matao <3

Sorry for my bad english btw

P.D: I hope my EFI folder can help someone. YOU MUST generate a valid serial number, a motherboard serial number/MLB, replace "ROM" content with your ethernet mac address, generate a UUID in order to get iCloud/iMessage/FaceTime working.

This EFI folder was tested with High Sierra. You must update kext files if you want to use this with Mojave or more.

Download:
Clover folder - 10,4 MB - SHA1: a0b5917cbe4de7bbda30008543e9c3f0346bb5cc

Edited by JadaOnyx
Little (big) update

• 1 month later...