[BCM94360NG] Strange behaviour in macOS - Speed problems

kushwavez

30 posts in this topic

@kushwavez I have exactly the same X16C and I was never able to get the NG card to work under windows with battery. Can you confirm you everything was fine with NG on battery in Windows? I currently have the airport card with adapter but the fit is too tight and i can fell the slight bent on the back plate for X16C, so I would prefer NG if windows works. I am fine with 400Mbps since my home optical is only 500Mbp anyway. 

• 3 months later...

I was surprised to see that there is still activity in this thread.  Most recently a claim that with AirportBrcmFixup BCM94360NG card has same performance as in Windows.  I still see NSS=1 in MacOS, even when using AirportBrcmFixup.

• Like 1

I also have BCM94360NG in my laptop. Been using it with my Latitude E5450 and now my Latitude 7490. Never had any problems. No additional kexts needed.

Just for the test I switched BCM card with Intel 8265NGW today and I can confirm that the speed of BCM card is lower. Intel card was able to achieve ~75/75 mb/s. BCM card - ~52/55 mb/s. Tested with BT disabled to prevent any interference. No problems with 5Ghz tho. For everyday use I see no difference. Still prefer BCM card, connects really fast, works very stable, both wifi and bluetooth.

• Like 2